What's new

command line options

Mayco

is it possible to include command line options in the next release of ultrahle 2064? that would be great!

greetz

mayco

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Because you don't need to boot into a GUI. Believe it or not GUI's can take up their fair share of resources on a computer, and some people just plainly don't like GUIs.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Also, for those not worried about GUI resources being used up, command line options would allow for the possibility of 3rd party frontends.

aprentice

Malcolm said:
Because you don't need to boot into a GUI. Believe it or not GUI's can take up their fair share of resources on a computer, and some people just plainly don't like GUIs.

ok, since it took me 15 mins to load this page, im gonna make this reply worth it :p

Command lines dont necessarily get around the gui depending on how the emulator was coded, they usually just allow for you to control the emu from other programs such as frontends for example.

:sp_canada :kenny: :sp_canada :chinese: :sp_canada :sp_canada :sp_canada :sp_canada :paperbag:

Box Elder

commandlines to interface

command line options would allow for the possibility of 3rd party frontends

they usually just allow for you to control the emu from other programs such as frontends for example.

Exactly!
Here are some screens from my touchscreen home theater PC.

Last edited:

Box Elder

psychotix said:
that is tight as hell where did u get that at?
I designed the interface for my home theater pc. The backend is a great program called XLobby. Games are only one of the small thing that xlobby does. But for me, its one of its best features. I have similar category screens for every system you see. You can create databases for your games, or mp3s or movies, or whatever, and execute them via the touchscreen, remote, mouse or palm computer interface. HTPC's and xlobby are the future of all entertainment!