What's new

The final straw: Pokemon Stadium 2, PJ64 and the graphics problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr D Man

I have Pokemon Stadium 2 now. But I am experiencing terrible graphics problems. They are annoying and I need them fixed as soon as possible. Examples of the graphics problems are;

- Pokemon pictures not appearing in the VS screen and Win/Lose screens
- A tree turning different colours when Pokemon are out and when they aren't
- When you have selected a Pokemon and look at its personal screen (name, stats, moves etc.) its little picture isn't there, there is only some garbaled graphics
- When Pokemon are in battle, their picture windows only have garbaled graphics.
- When you enter the main screen of the Mini Games, there is some multi coloured static for a few seconds and some slowdown.
- When Strength is used, the ground below the user and opponent turns completly black.
- In Earl's Academy, when you look at lists of Pokemon (A-C etc.) the Pokemon are there, but they have garbaled graphics.

There are probably others but I haven't found them...luckily.

Also, regarding the N Rage plugin, there is a problem with that too. When the PS2 rom starts (zipped and unzipped it doesnt matter with this) the N Rage Plugin gets an error saying "Can't Load ROM". I click OK and it goes to the N64 logo, and the error appears again three more times. I click OK those 3 more times and the game starts. Whats going on here? Does this mean the Transfer Pak feature won't work? God I hope not!!

The graphics are my worst worry right now though. How can I fix them? I've tried some of the plugins: evoodoo, rice and glide64. None of them really work. Glide64 is the worst (latest version btw) because when I choose "Options -> Settings", an error comes up saying glide3x.dll can't be found, then another saying glide64.dll can't be found. Stupid plugin!!

Can someone help me? I am begging you honestly. That's how desperate I am for this to work well. You heard me: I AM DESPERATE!! I am at my wits end with this.

I need a solution. Please help me someone!

EDIT:

The N Rage Plugin problem seems to have solved itself. My GBC game even loaded correctly!

However, the graphical problems have not resolved. I have noticed more anomilies, especially in certain attacks like...

- Dig is like Strength, and causes the black ground glitch beneath the user. This only happens in the first part of the attack.

- Sing, and attacks that use the same effect (the weird colour screen thingy) have their effect "on" the screen, rather than have it faded.

- Psybeam only has two colours, where it should actually have lots more.

Oh the woes of getting this to work. Please, I would like someone to help me. If it assist you helping me, I have the latest version of PJ64. Version 1.5 with the service pack that is.

Last edited:

Allnatural

Can someone help me? I am begging you honestly. That's how desperate I am for this to work well. You heard me: I AM DESPERATE!! I am at my wits end with this.
Holy freaking crap! If you are so desperate then buy a used console and a copy of the game. Probably cheap, and certainly less stress-inducing. Better yet, go outside and breathe some fresh air. Take a walk, ride a bicycle, anything. :rolleyes:

The graphics are my worst worry right now though. How can I fix them? I've tried some of the plugins: evoodoo, rice and glide64. None of them really work. Glide64 is the worst (latest version btw) because when I choose "Options -> Settings", an error comes up saying glide3x.dll can't be found, then another saying glide64.dll can't be found. Stupid plugin!!
Extract Glide64 to the plugin folder and eVoodoo to the base (PJ64) directory. If it still doesn't work to your satisfaction (and you've tried other plugins with similar results), then read above. :teehee:

2bzy4ne1

Mmmmm....Beeeeerrrr
Allnatural said:
Holy freaking crap! If you are so desperate then buy a used console and a copy of the game. Probably cheap, and certainly less stress-inducing. Better yet, go outside and breathe some fresh air. Take a walk, ride a bicycle, anything. :rolleyes:

ROFL I see that we have a sense of humor here. :happy:

Anyways Mr D Man, most if not all of the graphical problems that you have listed are known abnormalities with the video plugin. Might I suggest trying other video plugins. I recommend trying Rice's video plugin. :)

OP
M

Mr D Man

Sorry. Rice's graphics plugin causes more problems than Jabo's. Rght at the start, when Scizor appears, you can INSTANTLY tell something is wrong, because Scizor has permanent after-image-like trails.

Oh woe is project 64. Luckly I've got an actual N64 so I can beat the game.

revl8er

That Damn Good
Also, regarding the N Rage plugin, there is a problem with that too. When the PS2 rom starts (zipped and unzipped it doesnt matter with this) the N Rage Plugin gets an error saying "Can't Load ROM".

Since when does a n64 emu play ps2 games, you need to use a little common sense when using pj64.

I have Pokemon Stadium 2 now. But I am experiencing terrible graphics problems. They are annoying and I need them fixed as soon as possible.

We would all like to see these issues fixed, but there isn't any need in demanding these errors get fixed. It isn't easy making a gfx plugin, if you want these errors fixed so bad then you should make a plugin yourself, or go buy the real game.

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Mystic Gohan said:
Since when does a n64 emu play ps2 games, you need to use a little common sense when using pj64.

Sounds like you should take your own advice :p

In the authors post, PS2 = Pokemon Stadium 2. And that only took a little common sense. :)

OP
M

Mr D Man

Sayargh said:
I think the person who started the thread is stupider than you are Mystic Gohan.

Wrong!

How long has the Pokemon Stadium 2 and the N64 been in existence? About half a decade I'd say!
And in all that time, in 365x5 days, people could not figure out how to make emulator and rom work perfectly together?

Well I guess it really doesn't matter. I got sick of the real-thing's challenge cup quickly! Now, graphical glitches or not, I'm gonna beat the rom version of ps2 into the dirt!!

If the gfx problems with ps2 are fixed in the near future, good. If not, well I won't be worried.

Remind me to kill whoever thought of the challenge cup!!

Smiff

Emutalk Member
let me be the first to say this... (although Allnatural had it pretty good)

take it back, ask for a refund, make your own. then make a forum and we'll all go complain about you there.

do you not realise the authors read these forums? that these emulators are freeware?

in the voice of anne robinson:
Mr D Man you've outstayed your welcome - goodbye!

(this is great to come back from holiday :sombrero: :icecream: and find this at the top of the forum) :blink: :down: :gunman:

:martin64:

(hurrah for ET smileys - different every time i look!)

that could be a useful bug report if you didn't phrase it in a way that's gauranteed to make every author go "f**k this game, and f**k the stupid people who like it". comprendre, d-man?
because that's what HLE is like. And if you read the documentation, you might know something about that.

Last edited:

LazerTag

Leap of Faith
Mystic Gohan said:
Well you got me there, I feel like a complete idiot now.

DOH! Just FYI I didn't mean for that to happen. I was only poking fun. :)

I do concur with Sayargh, the original poster is the idiot. And Smiff's post covers the "needed response" perfectly.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Mystic Gohan said:

ROFL, don't worry about it dude. It took me about 5 long seconds to figure it out. Lets keep it lighthearted!

revl8er

That Damn Good
DOH! Just FYI I didn't mean for that to happen. I was only poking fun.

I know, and it don't matter, maybe next time I'll actually take time and think before I reply.

I think the person who started the thread is stupider than you are Mystic Gohan.

I agree with you there.

How long has the Pokemon Stadium 2 and the N64 been in existence? About half a decade I'd say!
And in all that time, in 365x5 days, people could not figure out how to make emulator and rom work perfectly together?

You just don't appreciate the trouble these authors go through in making these emulators and plugins. If you think you can do better then why don't you give it a shot.

C

chetan

I know what is the problem with your ROM. Try in some different PC and it may work causing more problems or it might work better. Try it in Win XP with Directx because it worked with me. Maybe not Directx

Status
Not open for further replies.