What's new

Problems with sound

Bluejester

I'm having problems with my sound all of a sudden when I didn't have any last time I used Jnes, several months ago. It comes out kinda garbled. The only change on my computer I made was downloading a differetn driver for my video card. Would this have made a difference? I have a 32MB ATI RAGE Ultra 4xAGP but also can't seem to find the exact, recent driver for it.

Any ideas? :unsure:

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Not really, there are several versions of Jnes on this forum, you may wish to try a version you had success with ? (or just for the heck of it) also any other software messed up?

Jaleco_Boy71

Another problem!!!

I have a problem I need help urgently...
I love jnes and I used to always use it when i had windows 98 on my old computer...
nowadays I hold in my costity windows Xp and from now on neither jnes or either anyother emulator I try to activate has severe sound problems.
it's like it's unsynced or something...
I tryed playing with all the options of the program such as frameskip and
such... but nothing helped!
I did a little check with a program called total recorder to check if the sound is wrong from the card or from the program itself... (the program is one that records whatever sound is currently coming out of your soundcard) and the results were that after recording with total recorder the sound turned out fixed and with no unsyces and debuggs...
It was silky smooth like in the original.
but for some reason the program itself doesnt sound right!
I dont know what to do.
it really bothers me...
help!!!

scotty

The Great One
many emulators have problems with windows XP, and you are sure that it is every NES emulator that is doing this

Jaleco_Boy71

Yes indeed!

Well so far i tried many emulators
jnes and nesticle for NES and visual boy for the GBA.
all of them worked but with the sound problems...
When I play I want to have a good quality like I used to have on my
Win 98...

As I said the problem in my opinion is not in the soundcard but Im no expert and for that I need thai help.

I like Jnes and visual boy not only because they're good programs but cause they have audio and video outports meaning I can record sound and video from the program. I like that,
So anybody.
Im sure many of you are using Xp... What did u do to make this work???

smegforbrain

scotty said:
many emulators have problems with windows XP, and you are sure that it is every NES emulator that is doing this

Really? I've not had any problems with any of the emulators I use on XP.

Jaleco_Boy71

Thanx man...

You were a great help
I just got nestopia and it supports different sound options
you can choose wheter you want soundcard sound or regular.
for now it's perfect.
thanks!

I was wondering if maybe you also have a gameboy advance emulator with that supportas well
with appreciation...
Jaleco Boy 71

Jaleco_Boy71

Sound prob, this time with project64!

Hi all...
I got another sound problem That I cant seem to understand where is from???
I got Project 64 a while ago. every thing was working great incuding sound. I was very impressed by its preformance and it's rom capabilities.
One day I opened to emulator an dsuddeny the sound starts to be a biy messy... Kind of like how is was on the old visual boy...
Im afraid That maybe something I do may be cause the emualtors to become slow, not only sound but maybe the whole function.
In Project 64 there is a line below says FPS. For me nowadays it stands on about 60. is that normal...
to anynoe who knows... Pliz help...

Jabo

Emulator Developer
60 fps is the NTSC framerate

and fyi Jnes/PJ have the same exact audio handling for direct sound...

scotty

The Great One
most emulators have the option of having the framerate on the bottom, and 60 is NTSC, and 50 is PAL (if you are using a European ROM).

Jabo's programming (Jnes + Jabo's D3D plugin for N64 emulation) has it on the bottom, and I like that place for it.

Jaleco_Boy71

But the thing is...

The thing is, is that I cant get good sound quality like I had in the past.
When I first got this program it was perfect but now the sound is not good.
I managed to reach the conclution that is not the graphics or the speed that cause the problem, it's strictly the sound!
when using the jabo plugin = I get bad stuttery sound (with or without syncronizing) and in the other plugin I can change the buffering range but only to more or less. there is no state in which I can achieve A Clear
Listen.
I read all troubleshooting and q and a's.
What Should I do?????????????????????????
My computer is top notch, This aint supposed to happend...
I have a p. 2.66 with 256 mb ram and 80 gb harddrive. what not?
Also in visual boy but all the other emulators are fine.
Sorry for repeating myself again and again its just so annoying.
It was ok before I had Xp though I doubt that is the issue...
Help me fix this... I dont know what to do withmyself...
Yours Jaleco Boy Dreams...

Jabo

Emulator Developer
well if you are talking about PJ i would refer you to the PJ forum exclusively, talking about it here, while I am the author, is really OT, thanks