What's new

All quiet on the NES front...

smegforbrain

While I've spent more of my gaming time lately on N64 and PSX stuff, I'm ready to dig out the ol' NES stuff again for awhile.

Got a few favorites I need to play again. :)

scotty

The Great One
I havent really played much of my NES stuff either except for Megaman. To think of it, I should play Startropics again I kinda miss it now taht you bring up NES emulation again.

nullroute

Lost and loving it
Back in the day, we used to cherish the incredible graphics of the NES... we also walked 10 miles thru 10 feet of snow to get to school and back, up hill both ways!

OP
smegforbrain

smegforbrain

nullroute said:
Back in the day, we used to cherish the incredible graphics of the NES...

Gameplay over graphics, imo. Even now, with top of the line games. :)

Alot of what I play is still the ol' Koei classics.

I just saw Romance of the Three Kingdoms VIII had hit shelves for PS2. And I'm thinking, "man, I haven't seriously played a game in that series since the original!"

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Secret of Mana is a GREAT game. It might seem silly at first, but stick with it, it gets better.

Edit: I think the SNES was the pinnacle of gaming. Better gameplay than the NES, IMHO. Usually.

Hexidecimal

Emutalk Bounty Hunter.
Secret of Mana, thus far, is a great game, though if I could manage to get to Gaia's Navel, without getting thwomped by monters, I would be happier.

The only RPG (besides zelda:link to the past, which I have finished multiple times) that I have ever really finished is Chrono Trigger, which is another great SNES game, and yes, the SNES was more or less the pinnacle of gaming, nintendo sort of screwed themselves over there, because how do you out do yourself when you've already created the best system ever?

scotty

The Great One
many say Zelda is an RPG, it kinda is, but its more an adventure. I have beaten Secret of Mana, and Lufia II, I have been close to beating many, but never officially beaten them ie. Tales of Phatasia, FF3(JP), FF5, Lufia1 (coming close, just have to get around to playing it again). I have never played Star Ocean, but it is one I want to try when DeJap gets everything finished with the English translation.

Personally N64 would have been better if they actually released it in 1994 like they said they were going to, then Donkey Kong Country (it was supposed to be the first game released for N64, but as N64 got pushed back, Rare did not wait, so it got released for SNES)would have attracted the necessary viewer support.

SNES was the best console of the 1990's, and I dont know a lot about the new consoles. After N64, that was it for me and consoles, ill stick with PC thank you.

as for Smegforbrain, 20 years for Koei already, hard to beleive. I still play a little RTK2 sometimes, never played the original one, but I was a fan of Nobunaga's ambition.

nullroute

Lost and loving it
Angband = RPG (with no added preservatives)

And while I'm at it... there's all this talk about N64... what about the C64?

scotty

The Great One
nullroute said:
what about the C64?

Many do not talk about it because it is an Old and slow system. I admit I use it quite a bit, after all I was a kid when I used it. I use it for emulating a few games, but nothing really big

scotty

The Great One
yes I did, well when i was young of course, I havent played it in years.

EDIT: please do not ask me how to get around the final castle ( I forgot that one). I admit my memory is goos at that stuff, but its been years as I said