What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

hi rez textures support and detail texturing!

Rice

Emulator Developer
Federelli said:
I can't seem to find the sky textures, most likely it's one of those b&w ones with some crazy combiner mode applied... still it'd be nice to know which files are the sky.

Ok enough posts in a row, someone post something already!

Oh, THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#E9EF96C5#3#1_a
and
THE LEGEND OF ZELDA#E9EF96C5#3#1_rgb

Federelli

The sky texture is color-indexed. I have excluded all color-indexed textures. I don't have a good idea to deal with them yet.

Federelli

Beta Tester
I know, i modified the ripple to make it look more realistic :).

Btw, here's some work i've done on a Higher Res Zelda logo. I took on from the web, cleaned it, made it sharper, some other enhancements, now i'll have to make it match the original in color, and split it into 26 pieces... stupid zelda engine...

Forgive the horrific JPG compression, it's only to show you how it looks, the original is completelly uncompressed

Update, i've separated the file, now i have to save each little bit.

Do you like the logo?

Last edited:

Federelli

Beta Tester
So Rice, do you think i should make the bevel on the buttons smoother? it seems like so.
What does the rest think? Or do you like it as it is now?

Rice

Emulator Developer
Federelli

The buttons are ok for me.

Btw, are you using a different BMP file format for the water ripple texture and other larger textures. Please try to use the regular 24 bits BMP format instead of 16-bits or 32-bits format.

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
I think I solved the issue with the transparency of the buttons (I think you didn't give me the original alphas of those buttons) by copying an alpha and changing its name to *whatever*_a.bmp instead of *whatever*_rgb.bmp

Federelli

Beta Tester
I see, i tried to save space by using 16bit for black and white only bmps, and i used 24 bits for black thorugh white ones.

I'll make everything 24bit, do you want me to conver them?

Rice

Emulator Developer
SWAT_Marc said:
I think I solved the issue with the transparency of the buttons (I think you didn't give me the original alphas of those buttons) by copying an alpha and changing its name to *whatever*_a.bmp instead of *whatever*_rgb.bmp

Ya, the buttons are fixed.

btw, the [Copy] button has some problems with the letter "p" and "y". These two letters are too tall.

Last edited:

Rice

Emulator Developer
Federelli said:
I see, i tried to save space by using 16bit for black and white only bmps, and i used 24 bits for black thorugh white ones.

I'll make everything 24bit, do you want me to conver them?

I have converted them for myself. It will be great if you can convert them and repost them by editing your post. In my current code, I can only decode 24bit BMP format.

(I am thinking about something to save big file space by allowing PNG file, and/or to create an external tool to converting and combining *_rgb.bmp and *_a.bmp to a 32bit PNG file. I have to learn how to use the pnglib).

SWAT_Marc

Ind. Design Student
Updated (actually, the original Copy button text it's also a bit out of bounds)

If you want PNGs just tell me, I work with PNGs and then export them as 24bit-BMPs:)

Just added a pic for comparing the orignal (scaled) and the new version. (Oops... I hope you'll miss the bevel is wider in my pic :blush: )

Last edited:

Rice

Emulator Developer
Guys, PM me your email address. I would like to send you a beta copy of my plugin so you can see your new textures right away.