What's new

Beta Input Plugin 1.76 released. *FeedBack*

N-Rage

I just uploaded a new Beta-Version of my Plugin. Get it either from my my Site or click on the Direct Link .
I released it to get Feedback about Bugs, i find it pretty solid :blush: .

Keep the old (1.61) Version too, the new Plugin isnt finished yet, means it lacks some features.

And befor u ask, I will include save/load Profiles and alternate Controls(although just for the Analog Stick ) in a later Version.
Also I may get Transfer-Pak emulation working sometime.

Please report back problems ( especially with adaptoids ) in this thread.
if u find that Paks arent working in some games, click the .reg File "Enable Debug File", it will then log the Data-Transfers and help me find the reason. "Disable Debug File" will disable the logging.Dont send me those debug-files if the problem isnt Pak-related

Last edited:

Glurak

Wow Super1337 Design very well done :)

mhhh I think I found some kind of bug (or maybe a missing feature?) if I go to the plugin config screen while a game is running and back again I can't move the controller anymore... I thought I'd just let u know ;)

I'm on amd athlon 750, win98se and it happens in both 1964 und pj64 haven't checked others... I don't think u need any more specs (it's the os or it's just not working I guess :D)

btw. u made an Regedeit v5 .reg file some people will have trouble using that since win9x doesn't support regedit5 files... ;)

mhhh I'll upload w9x compatible regfiles with this post :D maybe that will help someone (I have to do anything don't i ;))

Triz

crazy a new update to my fav input plugin

hehe it would be interesting to see how you are going to emulate the transfer pack. will you have to own a transfer pack like the rumblepack etc for that to work?

Triz

Ah forget what i just said

i just downloaded and read the txt file that comes when you open it and it says you would need to have the packs thnx anyway :)

OP
N-Rage

N-Rage

Re: Ah forget what i just said

thx Glurak.. thats one of those last-minute-bugs. I added it just before i compiled that version :D

I upped a new Version with same Filename. *cough* hope noone recognised *cough*.
If the controls dont work after configuring, download again.

Triz said:
i just downloaded and read the txt file that comes when you open it and it says you would need to have the packs thnx anyway :)

well... thats working now already, i plan on supporting saves from GB-Emulators too. But that still can take a while.

borzwazie

wow!

and I didn't think your plugin could get any better! You definately have the best input plugin I have used. Jabo's is good too, but it doesn't support my new FFB controller (a dual analog controller).

I was particularly impressed with the rumble pak support, my Thrustmaster usb dual analog gamepad works awesome with it.

It's really cool that you intend to implement savegame loading from GB saves, Pokemon stadium really cries out for this.

I just saw this notice, so I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but may I suggest this:

Every time I want to change a controller config, I find it's most reliable when I clear the registry and then load the new config. Otherwise sometimes old controls get "stuck." Is this by design?

pj64er

PJ64 Lubba
1. the absolute-mouse modifier is missing (?)

2. when i make the control stick go up, sometimes c-down gets pressed too (i got this a few times in PD - i gotta check a bit more may be human error :blush: )

3. whats the big space on top of ur interface for?

4. mouse speed needs to be around 250%-500% to be playable/usable/useful

thats all so far, nice new design:)

OP
N-Rage

N-Rage

borzwazie[/i] [B]Every time I want to change a controller config said:
1. the absolute-mouse modifier is missing (?)

2. when i make the control stick go up, sometimes c-down gets pressed too (i got this a few times in PD - i gotta check a bit more may be human error :blush: )

3. whats the big space on top of ur interface for?

4. mouse speed needs to be around 250%-500% to be playable/usable/useful

thats all so far, nice new design:)

1. Yup.. its still incomplete

2. Yeah, please check :D

3. Business secret

4. Mouse stuff gotta be reworked

OP
N-Rage

N-Rage

any comments bout adaptoids?

Do all games support Rumble with setting Pak = "Adaptoid Pak" and RumblePak inserted?
TransferPak work? VoicePak work?

jc34

N-Rage said:
any comments bout adaptoids?

Do all games support Rumble with setting Pak = "Adaptoid Pak" and RumblePak inserted?
TransferPak work? VoicePak work?

Come on guys give him feedback how is the new version working
With all the above stuff he asked about. I don't have a Adaptiod so I can not test that part of the plugin but I do use a Gravis Afrtshock Eliminator
and the rumble affects and the controller work great so far.

there may be a problem with mempaks I will test some more maybe its just something I did if it is I will let you know ASAP as it is most likely just something I did.

Great plugin By the way...

Happy New Year

contrage

Good:
  • Rumble Works Great, like N64
  • Mempak loads on all games tried
  • Transfer Pak worked on Pokemon Stadium 2
Well, I'm using an Adaptoid with Beetle Adventure Racing... It works great. Rumble feels exactly like when I turn my own N64 on. Mempak saves loaded okay, no problems... But get this...
The Transfer Pak works too! I just uploaded some Pokemon in Pokemon Stadium 2 into a PJ64 save. NRage, good job.

Bad:
I only have one complaint, though; it was a little confusing at first to figure out how to use an Adaptoid's paks. You just have to select "Adaptoid Pak", and it does it for you, I guess.

But anyways, that's my 2 cents, and a big thumbs up for the working Transfer Pak!

OP
N-Rage

N-Rage

:D thats what i wanted too hear, wasnt too sure Mem&Transfer Paks will work after all the Rumble-Pak fixes i added.

Uhh.. and any clues how i should make it easier to figure u have to choose "Adaptoid Pak" when u wanna use the Adaptoid`s Paks?:devil:

contrage

You could just make the Adaptoid Pak description something to the effect of "Select this to use an Adaptoid controller's port for the Paks", or something like that. Glad to help.

Kakarot

just curious....

Would it be possible to emulate the transferpack with a gb rom instead of having to actually own one (which I do but lack an adaptoid. I use the n64 to psx adapter). I'm guessing that it would seeing how the mempack works with the plugin but I'm not sure. Someone enlighten me!

ZakkWylde

I haven't tried the new beta yet, but I have a suggestion:
In PerfectDark/Goldeneye, sniping is impossible with keys and only marginal with the mouse. The crosshair keeps springing to the default position. Is it possible in the finished plugin to have the joystick position "locked" by holding down a key?
I've seen another emu(don't know which) that had a similiar function; holding down a key while moving was the equivalent of light joystick pressure.

DiaBlo666

hey nrage..
i have a sugession..

in zelda Oot there is a item called "stone of agony" (something similar im using spanish version) that item send to rumble pak signal when link is near a hole or something that he can put a bomb to it..

i just want a small signal on top right or left screeen that tell me if something is near me.. i dun have a gamepad i just have a keyboard so i need something that tell me the rumble pak is working..

can u understand?

contrage

Well, I'm not quite sure about that displaying an icon when something rumbles... You'd probably have to have the program itself or the graphics plugin handle that, wouldn't you? Sorry in advance if I'm wrong.

OP
N-Rage

N-Rage

Kakarot: Will be possible at a later time, Transfer-Pak emu is more difficult than u may think.

ZakkWylde: ever tried "Absolute Mouse" ?? Im looking to get something like u explained with the Keys.

Diablo: Contrage is right. I would have to "talk" to the GFX-Plugin and thats not possible. MAybe its possible with Video-Overlay, but I dont know anything bout that

Kakarot

Oh I know its gotta be difficult. I was just theorising (if that's even a word) if it was possible. Programming itself is difficult. My most complex program was in qbasic and kind of went like this:

"This program simulates a really bad boss"

Boss: "What is your name"

You: (insert name here)

Boss: "Hello (name) you're fired. Have a nice day.

Anyways good luck with the plugin. It's to the input plugins as Jabo's is to the gfx plugins.