What's new

Feature request for 1964 1.0

zorbid

This has already been asked, and refused, but I don't understand why.

1964 saves the last set of plugins for the next time you run it.

It would be nice if it associated a plugin setup to a given ROM.

When you close a ROM in 1964 and open another, 1964 could associate the current plugin set to the ROM you just closed. Or maybe add an option "associate the current set of plugin to the ROM" in the gui (better option IMO). Then the next time you load that ROM, 1964 automatically pics up the plugin setup that one has associated. If there is no specific plugin setup associated, or if a plugin is missing, 1964 colud fall back on the default set of plugins...

This would be convenient, for the users, and I don't think it would require tons of work on your side.

You could store this information in a ini file (but not in the main ini, because this kind of settings is very configuration dependant...)

Last edited:

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
What I'd like is a feature to load a state save, execute a given number of VIs/dlists, then save a screenshots. This would make comparing plugins much easier and more accurate.

R

rico001

azi audio/rsp fixes.

Hopefully you're going to be able to work/ are working with Azi to get the hydro thunder and top gear rally fixes implemented into 1964?! This next release will be compatable.

scotty

The Great One
I kind of understand the authors standpoint, it would be like saving all the plugins, and saying theyre good for all computers, not every computer is the same

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
What has other computers got to do with this, These plugin settings would be your own personal ones, that you would create. Exactly like saying that the change plugins dialog should be the same for all computers :)

jollyrancher

Another small request (this one might be easier) is to give an option to change the font size in the games list like you can in MAME32 so you don't have to squint to see the names when playing on a TV or arcade cabinet.

mojo

Oh soz...I didn't notice that. I also have another request is to give a Theme Changing function. I think it's not essential right now, but it'll great if the team can do it.

loleoc

I think that The programmers don´t give importance to the sound plugins
and yes to the graphics plugins. I think that two have the same importance in an emulator. But the only great sound is only provided by Ultrahle emulator until now, or no?

Flash

Technomage
You talking about profiles, right ?
Yeah it can be very useful feature for 1964 and any other plugin-based emulator (not only N64 emulator but ePSXe (i know about ePSXeCutor, but automatic profile creation will be muuuch better) too)

karth95

Lord of the Cats
loleoc said:
I think that The programmers don´t give importance to the sound plugins and yes to the graphics plugins. I think that two have the same importance in an emulator. But the only great sound is only provided by Ultrahle emulator until now, or no?

Actually, Schibo already said that there will be a very cool sound system in v 1.0, and it look like Azimer is making some truly remarkable strides with his sound plugins. Apparently (?) a huge amount of the reason the n64's sound system is so hard to emulate is because it relies upon exact timing with the rest of the system, so unless you run beefy, it freaks out when it's trying to synch with the main program.

ViLE

A way of dumping the vrml like nemu has, and what i'd really REALLY like is a way of dumping all current textures to jpg's or something. That would be amazing.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
I believe that tr64 has texture dumping already.
edit:

sorry, that's the tr64 openGL plugin supports texture dumping, not the emulator.

Last edited:
OP
zorbid

zorbid

ViLE said:
A way of dumping the vrml like nemu has, and what i'd really REALLY like is a way of dumping all current textures to jpg's or something. That would be amazing.
This depends on the Graphic plugin you use, not on the core of the emu. Yuo can use Lemmy's D3D plugin in 1964, if you want, and IcePir8's TR64 Ogl too.