What's new

Test

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Some known issues are:

Audio will work best if the Counter Factor is set to 1. I am attempting to fix this.
Audio does sound better in LLE RSP for ABI 3 games such as DK64, Banjo Kazooie, and others. If Audio is not a full 60fps, audio quality suffers tremendously. That's it for now.

My95ZR2

Just curious, what is "Reality Signal Processor" under the plugin selection?

*me goes off to try this out

Adam

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Just ignore it. I am just doing this to see if sound like this is possible under PJ64. That is my results after I conducted the same test with Apollo (unreleased).

My95ZR2

So far it sounds fine. I used Rice's latest gfx, your LLE Audio, and NRage's input. Legend of Zelda worked fine. The audio was clear, and no popping, even when it dipped down into the 45fps area, it remained smooth...

Adam

flow``

flow``
havent checked it out yet, but did you resolve the issues with extreme g1/2 not working with the 0.5.2 audio beta? it worked with older versions, i'll give this one a try later on tonight, glad to see you still workin azi :)

scotty

The Great One
Great audio plugin Azimer, ran every game I threw at it perfectly, except Conker BFD which runs slow on my computer so its probably nothing to worry about.

I am impressed that it ran DK64 the best Ive heard it of any audio plugin out there

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
scotty,

Thanks. The thing that gets audio emulation working well is timing. You can use any audio plugin with this "Audio Fix" version of PJ64. I have noticed some terrible bugs in CBFD when using HLE Audio in my plugin thanks to gent. I suppose I can fix those errors. :) Hydro thunder is the only game that does not work for some reason. I have several theories I may or may not persue. Thanks for giving it a run. I am hoping the official Project64 team either gives me access to 1.5 source to add my audio emulation to or they add it themselves. I have made contact with them already to see if this was a possibility.

zorbid

If there is another PJ64 release, would it be possible to incoroprate the kaliera stuff implemented by hotquik, or maybe create a new kaliera plugin specification that would let hotquik work on netplay independantly...

karth95

Lord of the Cats
First: aprentice: Audio fix is a newer version of Azimer's audio plugin, very cool. .

Second: Zorbid: Why are you asking, in the Apollo forum, about something related to project 64?

zorbid

Audio Fix is an updated verison of PJ64 1.4, and Azimer is in touch with the PJ64 authors to release an updated version based on the closed source v1.5, read his last post :)

karth95

Lord of the Cats
hm. It's actually both an updated pj64 v1.4, and an updated audio plugin.

In either case, I do hope Azimer can get his updates added to the mix for a potential pj64 1.5 SP2. That would rock.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I just tried Banjo-tooie in 1964 with this plugin, Audio works fine, sounds pretty good, and save states load fine too!

aprentice

karth95 said:
hm. It's actually both an updated pj64 v1.4, and an updated audio plugin.

In either case, I do hope Azimer can get his updates added to the mix for a potential pj64 1.5 SP2. That would rock.

maybe azi could give us more detailed information on what exactly is changed so maybe other emus can implament these changes aswell :p

karth95

Lord of the Cats
looks like he gave Schibo and Rice at least some of it, cause the new 1964 apparently has teh bomb for sound.