What's new

Test

Rice

Emulator Developer
karth95 said:
looks like he gave Schibo and Rice at least some of it, cause the new 1964 apparently has teh bomb for sound.

Azimer has done great job. However audio improvement in new 1964 is done independently.

Last edited:

Kahenraz

Cheers Azimer! Thanks for continuing to contribute to the emulation scene and providing the community with another excellent audio plugin.

Azimer is the king of n64 audio
buttrock.gif

And I'd have to rate LaC's as #2 for his excellent work on the nemu sound plugin.

I've never been a fan of Jabo's sound plugins.

Edit:
Thanks for the correction Azimer.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
one thing i have noticed, is that in Banjo-tooie the audio syncs at 55VI's instead of 60VI's for the (U) [!] rom, yes my cpu is fast enough to run this game, it works perfectly well on Jabos sound plugin in pj64 ;), the intro as a result is unpassable.

Zelda OOT, StarFox and Super mario 64 seem to hover around 57VI's too, odd no? Banjo kazooie is at a perfect 60 vi's

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
The audio plugin is -=NOT=- compatible with any other version of PJ64, 1964, Mupen, TR64 or Apollo. This is not a spec plugin... You can only use it successfully with PJ64.EXE included in the .zip file with Speed Limiter disabled, Sync Audio enabled on whatever plugin you use (doesn't matter), and Counter Factor 1 if possible.

Oh... and LaC did Nemu's Audio... Not Lemmy. Thanks anyway.

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
Hmm... I played around with it for a few minutes in 1964 0.8.5 with a few games, and it seems to work fine, although CPU usage is 5-8x more than 0.3.

aprentice

The Khan Artist said:
Hmm... I played around with it for a few minutes in 1964 0.8.5 with a few games, and it seems to work fine, although CPU usage is 5-8x more than 0.3.

Did you read what azimer said before you posted?

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
Azi has experimented a new way to handle sound timing in n64 emulation. This technic need to be implemented in the core and of course the sound plugin assume the core has implemented it. So, trying the plugin in another emu is USELESS and giving feedback about other emu is USELESS too as you'll get totally random result.
Secondly something i'm not totally sure about, the sound processor usage percentage is meaningless as the plugin will take ALL the time left by the other parts to limit the speed of the emulator.
I hope i didn't say anything wrong, otherwise, please correct me Azimer ;)

The Khan Artist

Warrior for God
aprentice said:
Did you read what azimer said before you posted?

Of course. I'm just saying that, while there may not be any benefit in using it outside of the modified PJ64, it at least works. Azimer made it sound like it wouldn't work at all.

zgf1a

Hello from Poland !

I have AudioFix3:
pj64.exe & AziSndLLE.dll

Sound ist SUUUPER, but when load a saved game (save state ctrl+L)
on all games:
Zelda Ocarina of Time
Zelda Majoras Mask
San Francisco Rush 2049

Video ist ok, but no sound...
Sorry for my english...

Please help me, please send info for me:
[email protected]

Config:
Windows98/XP
Athlon2000XP+
Gigabyte 7NF-RZ (nForce2)
512MB DDR (Wilk)
Geforce2Titanium

Plugins:
Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5.1
Azimer's HLE Audio v0.55.1 Alpha
N-Rage`s Direct-Input8 V2 1.80a

OP
Azimer

Azimer

Emulator Developer
This is a problem with PJ64's savestates and reinitializing audio/emulation. I didn't bother to fix any problems. My concern was only to demonstrate good audio emulation in a fast emulator.

zgf1a

I test this versions of Project64:
1.3 - after load save state sound is ok
1.4 - after load save state sound is ok
1.5 - after load save state sound is ok

Project64 AudioFix3 - after load save state no sound :(

Sound problems is only for AudioFix3 :(

Please help n64 users...