What's new

Poll - GameCube - Commercially Dead?

Nintendo GameCube - R.I.P.?

• It's the N64 all over again. Faliure is a sure thing.

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Yes, because Nintendo Europe/UK Suck(ed) Ass... Big Time. Morons!

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • No... wait, there's still a chance for the machine no one wants to sell...

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • What's a "GameCube"? Never even knew it was out. (See what I did there?)

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoNight

first sega died off (dreamcast was the nail in the coffin for them, they were at least smart enough to know when its all over) I think nintendo is going to let their company go bankrupt before they realize its time to concentrate on just making games and not game hardware. Though IMO they make good controlers.. they should continue with that or something.

I voted for the first option. :jason: :p

Last edited:

2fast4u

imo segas coffin nail was more the saturn rather than the dreamcast. customers basically lost faith in sega with the saturn .. look at games like daytona usa and you see why :|

GameCube is indeed dead.

But I want to tell to those people that bitching against Nintendo again and again to F*CK OFF.

Also the way Sony has destroyed the real meaning of gaming is making me MAD. Those guys are criminals, but they would pay it off in some years...When the whole videogame industry will be dead...

But hopefully Nintendo hadn't said their last word yet...

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
LMAO man, you need to relax a bit and take your pills, those are only games we're discussing here.

Gorxon

Administrator
Well, as far as I know, Nintendo is still making more money than both SCE and Microsoft's console department (not combined). This is of course mainly because of the GBA and Pokemon, but still they have shitloads of money in the bank. I don't see Nintendo going out of business in at least 10 more years...

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
GameCube is NOT dead. Nintendo only paused production because of overstock. If Sony did that with standalone DVD players, nobody would care. :\

GameCube as a platform is still very much alive and can look forward to continuing to live and prosper despite naysayers.

GCN and Xbox are more or less tied in the marketplace, and Nintendo, unlike Microsoft, is turning a profit. I see no reason why GCN should die.

NeoNight

oh yeah I forgot about the game boy advance..... but then sony is releasing their PSP (their answer to the gba) so lets see if they don't take the handheld market as well. Don't get me wrong though I really have nothing against nintendo and in fact up intill now i have had mainly nintendo systems... from the snes (I never got the orginal nintendo because I had a commador 64 and an atari) to the gb, gbc, n64, gba, gamecube.

Last edited:

Stezo2k

S-2K
NeoNight said:
first sega died off (dreamcast was the nail in the coffin for them, they were at least smart enough to know when its all over) I think nintendo is going to let their company go bankrupt before they realize its time to concentrate on just making games and not game hardware. Though IMO they make good controlers.. they should continue with that or something.

I voted for the first option. :jason: :p

yeah it was saturn that did it, but dreamcast was a gr8 console for its time, so many great games by sega, but this was good though for the outcome of games, im glad sega are developing as a multi-console company

as for gc, i can see one fairly major reason why it'll die quicker, the main reason of being aimed for kids, if they dont do somthing it'll just loose popularity even more

64ultramaniac calm down, we dont welcome flamers :sleeping:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
NeoNight said:
oh yeah I forgot about the game boy advance..... but then sony is releasing their PSP (their answer to the gba) so lets see if they don't take the handheld market as well. Don't get me wrong though I really have nothing against nintendo and in fact up intill now i have had mainly nintendo systems... from the snes (I never got the orginal nintendo because I had a commador 64 and an atari) to the gb, gbc, n64, gba, gamecube.

PSP won't be taking any markets.

aprentice

I also believe that nintendo is marketing to the kids instead of the mature audience, the people with the money. I got mario sunshine, and I was pretty disappointed. Not only is it extremely childish, its too repetative. I personally loved mario64, which seemed much more mature, but mario sunshine was a huge leap down. It seems that with every game/console, nintendo aims even younger. At this pace, the next mario will be chacing letters in the alphabet and feature elmo from sesame street. Lets hope they change.

Edit: and resident evil 0,1 on the cube rocked =p

blizz

both Mario 64 and Mario Sunshine are "all age group" orientated games, (as is Zelda), but the difference was Mario 64 had this consistent sense of fun no matter what you were doing (swimming in the moat anyone?) and Sunshine was only fun for brief moments (the levels without the backpack imo)

Nintendo have to be careful with innovation for the sake of it, when if it ain't broke don't fix it

2fast4u

agreed, sunshine didnt stack up to mario64. it just seemed like you could get lost in mario64 by just exploring the castle for example. i got bored of that village rather quickly in mario sunshine.

the levels without the backpack i hated tho .. frustrating as hell ;)

Remote

Although not even remotely related, looks like Jacques isn't driving F1 next year... Which is sad but at the same time, old talent goes and new one replaces it...

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Jaz said:
Sadly, yes it is. Anyone say Dreamcast?

Sega had been losing money since the Saturn's launch.

Nintendo has yet to turn a deficit. Their profits have been going down, but they're still in the black.

smegforbrain

64ultramaniac said:
GameCube is indeed dead.

But I want to tell to those people that bitching against Nintendo again and again to F*CK OFF.

Touchy, aren't we?

Why shouldn't we bitch? Take people who don't like the latest Zelda game, for example. People have followed that series for years, and if they're not happy, they have a right to bitch.

Also the way Sony has destroyed the real meaning of gaming is making me MAD. Those guys are criminals, but they would pay it off in some years...When the whole videogame industry will be dead...

*rofl* Criminals? Please. The industry is alive and well, turning record profits every year.

Just because YOUR favorite company isn't on top of the game doesn't make everybody else a criminal.

But hopefully Nintendo hadn't said their last word yet...

I agree with you here, and word has it that Nintendo is already prepping their next console, but I'm not placing bets in their favor.

Davemc

Dave
Jaques can die. Button is a lot better. BAR should get Eddie Irvine in to replace Jaques.

Last edited:

Davemc

Dave
He was winning on the last lap in an Arrows and Jaques robbed him. Damon wouldn't be able to fit his hair inside the helmet now. He looks like he's about 60 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.