What's new

N64 Glide Plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Well, with z-buffer the water in mario doesn't show up. I know it will with a w-buffer because in my glide wrapper, the same thing happened. The only problem is: the glide wrapper is in Direct3d and I'm using glide, so I can't just copy the code.

Reznor007

Dave2001 said:
I don't have anything but a Voodoo 3 2000, so it would be somewhat hard to add support for textures higher than 24 bit for the newer Voodoo cards. I guess they'll just have to settle for 16-bit color. Besides, don't those cards have better support for Direct3d anyway?

If someone has a Voodoo2, please try out my plugin and tell me if it works. I don't think it will, though. I have read that Glide3x is totally incompatible with Glide2x.

You might want to get in contact with Lewpy. He did an excellent Glide plugin for PSX emulators. It fully supports the newer V4/V5 features, so he might be able to tell you how to get 32bit working.

Glide2x and Glide3x are different API's. Glide3 supports things Glide2 did not, such as triangle arrays, strips, and fans. Glide3 drivers were made for the older hardware(V1, V2) as well.

mesman00

What's that...?
hey dave, i was wondering if you would like me to work on a new webpage for you. i like to design and also it helps me learn, so if your interested, let me know.

also, u can use the print screen button, and then just paste it into a program like adobe photoshop, or even regular old paintbrush.

Last edited:

2fast4u

mesman00 said:
also, u can use the print screen button, and then just paste it into a program like adobe photoshop, or even regular old paintbrush.

as far as i know print screen is not supported in glide. everytime i was doing that with my v2 i got a black picture returned :(

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

Ok, can anyone give me a description of the following commands? I can't tell exactly what they are supposed to do, and they seem very much alike to me. I won't be able to implement texture caching right if I don't know what they do. I looked deeply into GBI.h and the TrueReality source, but they still didn't explain much about what the commands actually do (need very general description, not code):

rdp : loadtlut (texture look up table?)
rdp : settilesize
rdp : loadblock
rdp : loadtile
rdp : settile
rdp : settextureimage
uc0 : texture

OP
Dave2001

Dave2001

mesman00:
Sure, that'd be great. I don't have time to make a better one myself. You can contact me on AOL IM, CodeMaster256

euphoria

Emutalk Member
Dave: have you looked daedalus source? Its internal gfx plugin is showing stuff pretty good. Just make sure you download the older 0.07b source because the newest 0.08b(?) doesn't include the gfx source.

Azimer

Emulator Developer
Dave... this turned out messy quick. If you need to contact me, use AIM or email me.

VTT

3Dfx - Glide

At the moment few who has videocards 3Dfx. The majority gets cards of manufacturers NVidia (TNT and GForce series), Matrox (G series), ATI, Diamond (Savage series). The given videocards support most rasprostranenye video interfaces DirectDraw/Direct3D and OpenGL. Cards 3Dfx too support abundant videos interfaces, but already with the least quality of reconstruction. It is not meaningful to start the emulator on a videocard in mode Glide using utilities for a deceit of initialization of cards 3Dfx, because Glide it is the hardware interface it gives besides a qualitative picture also the big speed of reconstruction of video of a stage.

LoneRaven

Glide64 Website Guy
I have tried to use your plugin, but I always get an error (Access Violation?). Is there any special place that the glide3x.dll needs to be. Could it have anything to do with the fact that I am using older drivers?

Also, I too am working on making you a page. When it is complete I will send it to you through AIM. If you like it, I think you will, you can use it. :D

Best of Luck

LoneRaven

Glide64 Website Guy
No reply to the error message ???. Oh well, here is a preview of the site I made. The top bar will be for a logo for Glide64 once one is created. Tell me what you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.