What's new

Resident evil 2 - help pls

jungle12

hi, ive got the resident evil 2 rom but i cant seem to find a good emulator for it.

i'm a total newbie to the emulation scene but ided like to play resident evil 2 :)

whats are the best emulators that will run it well and what plugins for each.

i've got a 1.2ghz and a gf4 Ti 4200

ive tried the newest 1964 with the default plugins, i have no sounds it runs fine, but all the gfx are messed up, could i need a sound plugin and a new gfx one? if so which and where can i find it :)

thanks to any help in advance

OP
J

jungle12

Smiff said:
why not get the PC version, you shouldn't see any emulation bugs with that.

i donwloade the pc version its all great, but u cant save games on it so theres no point.

Liku

What kinda of graphics problems do you have? Because the game is REALLY bad graphics.

My95ZR2

If you have XP, set the compat. mode to Win95, and you can save and load. I got the PC version, and you have a whole lot better chance of "enjoying" this game.

Adam

OP
J

jungle12

My95ZR2 said:
If you have XP, set the compat. mode to Win95, and you can save and load. I got the PC version, and you have a whole lot better chance of "enjoying" this game.

Adam

im on win2k which is very simular.
how to i set the compact mode m8, i spent alot of tiem dling the pc version and was anoyed at the no save.. if theres a way pls give me more help thx :)

Clements

Right click the shortcut/exe file for it, click the compatibility tab, and check the 'run this program in compatibilty mode for' box.

OP
J

jungle12

Clements said:
Right click the shortcut/exe file for it, click the compatibility tab, and check the 'run this program in compatibilty mode for' box.

its not there, is there anther way to do this when using win2k or is it a xp only feature?

My95ZR2

If you spent the time to download Resident Evil 2 for PC, me bets that you have the time for more downloading. Download Win XP...or better yet grab a real copy of it.

Adam
(edited...I had too much information)