EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question problem with game "Startropics"

I played "Startropics" on Jnes, and it has some flaws. When I pick up a special item (e.g. a snowman doll, etc.) it doesn't put it in my inventory, so I can not use it. I need these to continue with the game, so until I find a solution for this. I am stuck. Help!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have never had this problem, but then again I have never used Startropics on Jnes. Great game.

If it is ALL special weapons (magic jar, snowball man, ghost rod, etc, then my adivce is:

1.) use anohter emulator, or
    2.) get the correct ROM, not an illegal header (the mapper 4 version should be what you are using).
    You wouldnt want to get stranded on an Island for 20 years. Take it from me, I already have.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty
    I have never had this problem, but then again I have never used Startropics on Jnes. Great game.

If it is ALL special weapons (magic jar, snowball man, ghost rod, etc, then my adivce is:

1.) use anohter emulator, or
    2.) get the correct ROM, not an illegal header (the mapper 4 version should be what you are using).
    You'll have to excuse my ignorance concerning emulators, roms, and the like. I have tried to download another emulator. Most I couldn't get to work, and the rest I haven't gotten around to playing with yet. Where would I get the "correct" ROM? As I said, you must excuse my ignorance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You can't ask for ROM's.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    no, you are not allowed to ask for ROMS on here.
    But if it is another emulator that has the problem, then it probably is your ROM, what you do is make sure that you use the Goodnes verifier, I forget where you get that file, im sure youll find it. if it has a (b1), (o1) beside it, it means you have a bad rom (make sure your ROM is not compressed, you need to have it in a .nes format, not .zip while doing this). I know you probably didnt mean to ask for where the ROMS are, but just remember the forum rules
    You wouldnt want to get stranded on an Island for 20 years. Take it from me, I already have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Steeny, if you need a good emulator, use NNNesterJ .23, or FCE ultra .96. Jnes is good, but these emulators have better compatibility and the colour isnt as red

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks, I have NNNesterJ .23 downloaded already. I'll have to try it out. It originally seemed a bit complicated, but I'm sure I can figure it out with a few tries. It shouldn't be That hard. Oh yeah, and I apologize for breaking the forum rules, as a newbie, these things happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If anyone has any more information it would be appreciated, I like to at least keep track of bugs in Jnes... let me know if using a previous version, another valid rom image, or another emulator helps this problem, thanks