What's new

Emu64 Exclusive

OP
Redah

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
Hehe, someone found out. This was done in C# (.net) but has already been ported to C since C# sux :)

ector

Emulator Developer
Doomul, well yeah, I use visual studio.net for C++ coding since it compiles very fast code and is very nice, but that's not really .NET, it's more like VC++ 7 and has nothing to do with the .NET common language runtime and stuff like that.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Well, vc++ .net is also .net, but there isn't much new imo.
But hell, i don't even use the .net framework n' stuff, so i don't know about that...

Cyberman

Well, vc++ .net is also .net, but there isn't much new imo. But hell, i don't even use the .net framework n' stuff, so i don't know about that...
The .net extensions are really only used for enterprise applications that must run across large networks. For example remote outlook access to email in a company. Things such as that.

.NET == .USELESS to most people.

It's an extension of MS's ActiveX components that uses microsoft patented things. For example you can run an application across the internet in iceland from a brokerage firm in LA with the database being in new york city. I'm not sure how fast it is .. but I really don't see the point. MS is still pushing the 1 degree of seperation concept with everything. It's hype really.

Cyb

Lemmy

Redah said:
Hehe, someone found out. This was done in C# (.net) but has already been ported to C since C# sux :)
C#/VB.Net (which is pretty much the same) don't suck. They just aren't very useful for writing speed critical parts of applications, like Emulators or Games.

For Emulators it could probably be used for the debugger although I personally prefer Delphi.

But if you want or have to write business application that have a database backend I don't see a better tool. VB6 is crap (too many bugs, inferior language, etc..) and VC++ is an overkill(you'd waste all your time coding a GUI).

OP
Redah

Redah

Go Sweden! Not!
Administrator
Yeah, but as proven in an intensive study conducted by Bravheart and me, EmuTalk visitors like 1 line 'soundbytes' or in other words 1 line replies. Now, to keep users reading this thread, I've chosen for the one line option, because as you can see, replies died after your 'massive' explanation :)

And this reply isn't helping either here :p

If the post length goes over 3 lines ET readers simply stop reading :corpse: