What's new

Emu64 Exclusive

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Can someone plz tell me where I can download some GCN ROMS?!!?1one

(in case it's not obvious, this post is a joke. I do not want GCN ROMS, nor do I want to know where to download said ROMS, nevermind the fact that they don't really exist, except for possibly WW :p )

DesktopMan

Hehe. A whole slew of releases are avaible. Just that they are totally useless :p

My non-disclosure agreement keeps me from telling anything about the author for now. :p

new_profile

Hi to All,
I wonder what the guys at DEXTROSE (h__p://www.dextrose.com/_forum/forumdisplay.php?forumid=38) think about this unknown emulator !

M

mainframe19

if you were to take code written for a gamecube you could essentially run it on a

powerpc.so meaning if you code pac-man for the power pc,it can run on the as well. gamecube sytem

alittle gamecube infor.
for ngc emu aurthors!

the gamecube team chose to build off the existing powerpc design to leverage the available tool chain, such as compilers and optimizers. IBM claims this has given developers a jump on creating new games. "developers have been making software for the gamecube a long time before people knew we were doing the silicon," said ibm's west. "

Unlike sony's playstation 2 emotion engine, the gekko mpu was not built from the ground up. it's a derivative of the powerpc 750 risc processor and includes some 50 new instructions. based on 0.18-micron copper wire process technology, the device runs at 405 MHz and has an external bus to the flipper device with a peak of 1.6 gbytes/s. the chip has a performance rating of 925 DMips (dhrystone 2.1).

DesktopMan

That's common knowledge. A build of gcc has also been avaible for some time. And the cpu is documented in ibm docs, not a problem either.

decription

So, desktop man, are the graphics not emulated and just writen around the pong commands kinda like a messed version of HLE? Also, I have a feeling inside that tells me it is a well known author from the 64 scene. I don't wanna say anything else because your trying to keep it secret. I wont want to be right. [If that made any sense congrats for understanding my rambling]
EDIT: I bet this is just gCubix and someone decided to continue the wondows port [joke]

Last edited:

loay

iam the best
nevermind the fact that they don't really exist
looks like you dont know ther is gc iso exist for dawnload and i know a wipsite has zelda , etronal darknes and other 7 titel for dawnload and its not fake but no link will post :getlost: (zela wind waker size is almost 1024 mb ohhhhh big one )

CpU MasteR

omg h4x
As much as the post above has alot of spelling and grammer errors, he is right. The ISO is 1024MB and is real. I got the ISO, but didnt have the space to keep it. :(

ShadowPrince

CpuMaster,you can wipe out garbage from iso with GCtool.It overwrites
all unneded data on iso with zeroes,thus making it much more compressable.Then you just pack it with zip or rar.In case of Zelda,you can rar it up to 700M,and Luigi is only 180M.

P.S. i wouldn't suggest you to delete your isos just yet ,it can be usefull sooner,that you think . Of course only if you have the real system and games :)

DesktopMan

The way Pong does graphics is to plot directly to a framebuffer. That framebuffer is emulated. (Real emulation) Since it is really easy. Just read what Pong writes, convert it to rgb and plot to screen.

M

mainframe19

i ahave these dvds zelda the wind waker and mario sun shine for the ngc system.

foahchon

If I'm not mistaken, isn't that the icon shown the default icon for .NET apps? The painfully slow and limited Windows platform .NET?

ector

Emulator Developer
It could be that the GUI is .NET but the core is a win32 dll.. wouldn't be slower than a pure Win32 app really, but easier to build debugging facilities..
Besides, .NET isn't THAT slow. It's faster than Java in my experience. But yah, i wouldn't use it for a serious emulator core :)

alexa999

Banned
loay said:
looks like you dont know ther is gc iso exist for dawnload and i know a wipsite has zelda , etronal darknes and other 7 titel for dawnload and its not fake but no link will post :getlost: (zela wind waker size is almost 1024 mb ohhhhh big one )
You found the ISOs for Gamecube!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Darn you, I cant find them!!! :angry: