What's new

bug in program failed to start because glide3x.dll was not found

robzcool

says This application has failed to start because glide3x.dll was not found . Re-installing the application may fix this problem , even thought the program does run pass this and seems to have not problem do you know why glide3x.dll does not come with this program if it needs it?to run without errors?

also for Project 64 thing I was wondering is it true it has a windows virus , a freeware virus detecting program detected a virus in it?

Is it a virus when msn 8 email program is acting up like saying windows installing something when all you are going is click on Mail & More under MSN 8 , also I seem to get a bug or someone hacking my msn 8 program because the options and phone number thing somehow gets removed and it seems to still dialout the phone number number but it will not update phone numbers or get them again , I thought this was only a directx 9 problem but I have yet to put directx 9 on my windows xp pro yet?

I don't yet have a freeware virus program back on yet but plain to download one soon because of this strange thing that keeps happening with msn

Well, I don't understand the point of your thread, but I'll give an answer on all your problems:

1) Download evoodoo 3.99 and place the files in your system32 dir.
2) It might be a virus.
3) I think it's always useful to install Directx 9a.
4) You can download a free virusscanner from www.esafe.com .

I hope I answered all your questions.

Last edited:
OP
R

robzcool

updated info

First, I was looking for a better freeware virus scanner , since not a shareware one their are pletty of them.

Next, I had found a virus scanner (freeware) from betanews.com the scanner detected a virus in project 64 program either project64.exe and the compress project64.exe file had a w32 type virus or something like that in it , also before i had a freeware firewall too on my system but anyway the freeware virus scanner that said project64 had a virus was called AntiVir Personal Edition
and its link here to it
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail.php3?fid=1032566653
to download if you what.
also its homepage is here
http://www.hbedv.com/

I have had Directx 9a on my computer before but not when msn 8 was actioning funny I only had directx 9 from a game cd because redownloading it I thought would take too much time,but if I put directx 9a back on I going too redownload next time.

but anyway I got a new question why do all the video plugins like for n64 emulators and ps1 emulators only support Directx 6 and 7? don't they every plan too update the drivers too like Directx 8 or 9a in their video code plugins?like the plugin for project64 and 1964 , the good one only uses directx 6 I think?

Directx8 is supported by Rice's and Lemmy's plugin (both very good and fast plugins), and directx9 by Bra, but that's already discontinued.

OP
R

robzcool

last question I really mean it for today

1) Download evoodoo 3.99 and place the files in your system32 dir.

were do you find evoodoo 3.99 to download?from what site?

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Projec64 does not in a million years contain any sort of virus. Your virus scanner is just likely to have found a false trail. Don't worry, this is kindof normal.

Allnatural

Of course, if he downloaded PJ64 from anywhere but the official source, who knows what is contained within. :)

p.s. All of your other threads are closed. Continue to spam and the hammer will fall.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Yes of course...other sites might not be trusted with this. But we can garauntee that the official download here does not contain any virus.

Johann

Chankast rocks ^^
Man, you're paranoic with the virus, just calm down.
There's no virus in PJ64, if your antivirus detects one or it's wrong or you had one before.

Anyway, if you read carefully the forum, you'll see that if you delete glide64.dll from your plugins directory the problem should end.

mojo

I got the same problem too. If you don't have Voodoo Card, just delete file dll that has name glide in plugin folder and xengine folder. Next time you run it, you won't encounter those dialog

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Yes, a message box that can easily be passed must be a virus, viruses are to blame for all of lifes problems.

EmuMan22345

robzcool said:
says This application has failed to start because glide3x.dll was not found . Re-installing the application may fix this problem , even thought the program does run pass this and seems to have not problem do you know why glide3x.dll does not come with this program if it needs it?to run without errors?

also for Project 64 thing I was wondering is it true it has a windows virus , a freeware virus detecting program detected a virus in it?

Is it a virus when msn 8 email program is acting up like saying windows installing something when all you are going is click on Mail & More under MSN 8 , also I seem to get a bug or someone hacking my msn 8 program because the options and phone number thing somehow gets removed and it seems to still dialout the phone number number but it will not update phone numbers or get them again , I thought this was only a directx 9 problem but I have yet to put directx 9 on my windows xp pro yet?

I don't yet have a freeware virus program back on yet but plain to download one soon because of this strange thing that keeps happening with msn

you can usually get the missing glide by downloading suprahle and taking its glide and putting it in the folder with the system

Tesla

Banned
A virus?

C'mon! If there is a VIRUS in Project64, any version, I would be the first to get slapped by it! I think it's only a matter of folder (where you put glide3x.dll). I'm looking for answers, and there must be a solution!