What's new

Starfox 64 ain't working

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flarex

i looked through all previous threads in project 64 forum and did what they told me (everything i unterstood anyway) and starfox still doesn't work. I tried ultrhle, 1964, and now i'm back to project 64. Still ain't working. Any ideas on how i could start it up? In the rom info the author wrote that you need Jabo's D3D7 1.40

I don't know whether that is a input, sound, or graphic plugin and i can't get it working. If you have it working in any emulator could you tell me your settings and emulator? I bought a joystick for this game and now am very discouraged to see that it does not work.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
first a small adminishment.. please use official files if you want support. if you use someone else's rdb (as you have clearly done) the settings could be anything so it's not fair for me to try to guess them..

ok it should work on default settings.. can you be more precise about what the error/problem is?

OP
F

Flarex

official file?
I just downloaded the emu's and
starfox 64 off kazaa.

well, in project 64 when i try to turn it on, When you choose roms in the main window it says starfox 64 is working and compatible. So i double click starfox 64, and a new black window pops up. I wait a couple minutes for signs of progress but alas there is none.

To put it short and simple, it won't start. Default settings or any settings i tried. Is it a plugin? I am using

Jabo's Direct3D6 1.5
Jabo's Direct Sound 1.5
N-Rage's Direct-Input8 V2 1.80A

Latest version of Project 64

karth95

Lord of the Cats
Smiff, he used 1964, and confused the comment in there with something from PJ. In any case.....

Smiff is 100% right, it should work with the absolute default pj64 config, at least from version 1.5. I bought a dual analog stick so I could play starfox 64, and it works great. Caveats: Make sure you have a 1ghz + system. Audio is not perfect, so if that's the problem, it may not be solved. Input: Make sure you configure your input plugin. I would use nrage's 1.82 if I had my choice, you get this if you install pj64 1.5 service pack 1, and it works (imho) better than jabo's, at least with really new joysticks.
As for video, I'd suggest using a card at least a geforce 2/3 or higher. Let us know your specs and the error and we'll let you know what's wrong.

Trotterwatch

As for video, I'd suggest using a card at least a geforce 2/3 or higher. Let us know your specs and the error and we'll let you know what's wrong

For specs check out his profile which has them listed.

OP
F

Flarex

Never mind. I checked with GoodN64 and it said the rom was good. I downloaded a different starfox and it works perfectly. Sorry to bother

soopafly

sorry, noob here

star fox 64 doesn't work for me. i found a link for Project64 1.7.0.49, and after downloading it, i tried opening the rom with that, but it didn't work. when i 'Choose Rom Directory...' where all my games are stored, certain games don't show up on the 'Good Name' list at all (most are green, some are brownish yellowish which means some minor errors):

• diddy kong racing
  • f-zero x
  • mario golf
  • star fox 64

as well, i tried downloading star fox 64 from different rom sites, but had no luck. do i have to change some configurations? is the rom corrupt? please help.

Status
Not open for further replies.