What's new

Rice Daedalus 5.1.0d

Legend

Have you all noticed this plugin is all screwed up with the new forceware driver from nvidea-at least with my card it is. I have to use middle end or low end textures instead of the one geared toward my card. And even then only half of my games show graphics. It sucks.

RedXIII

I happen to think this plug-in is excellent. Everything that it runs just looks pretty to me. I do have a problem though. It seems anytime I run a game using the OGL options and even sometime with DirectX when I try to exit the game it seems to freeze the emulator and when I Check the task manager to see what up it always shows the CPU Usage at 100% and it won't go away unless I stop the emulator from the task manager.

Anyone else having this problem?

Telemako

Yes, something similar but it don't hangs, only freezes but clicking on stop pause a couple of times it works again and the romlist appears.

onetwothree

Legend said:
Have you all noticed this plugin is all screwed up with the new forceware driver from nvidea-at least with my card it is. I have to use middle end or low end textures instead of the one geared toward my card. And even then only half of my games show graphics. It sucks.

Yes, I have noticed this too. Unfortunately I updated my drivers around 15 minutes before reading this thread so I have no idea if it works fine with the 4x.xx drivers.

I sooooo was looking forward to Dr. Mario too. :(

Any chance you'll look into this Rice?

BTW, I have tried virtually every configuration I could think of, still couldn't get Dr. Mario to work and other games are also buggy (Banjo-Tooie freezes at the opening movie, right after the Jiggy-fade-thing, though I haven't tried much configuring for this, only DM64).

Specs
-----
AthlonXP 2800+ Barton (no OC)
Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro
BIOS F12
3.13 nForce2 Chipset Drivers w/ nVidia SW-IDE installed
nVidia GeForce4 Ti4200 64MB w/ AGP8X (no OC)
52.16 Forceware Drivers
Windows XP Corporate SP1a
DirectX 9.0b

Mm, think that's everything, doubt sound card really matters.

Hal

Bartman
No matter weather I use D3D, or Ogl, Rices plugin looks completly messed up on my Radeon 9000. The ground is on the sky, lines are flying everywhere, and on top of that, it kind of slow.

Rogue

HEH! well i tryed with my poooor 600mhz celeron with a ati rage lt pro 8mb(using the "sigested" driver that has VERY little opengl support....) and well... all it did for me was give me a error and crash 1964.... hehe might be connected to my crappy opengl support... but i dont dare change to atis other one, firstly wont go above 800x600, second it suppords direct3d poorly while supporting opengl decently..... WHY CANT THEY JUST MAKE A NEW ONE... or finish tthe beta one.... im shure its not that hard... btw anyone know where i can find a lcd compadible alternate driver with tweeks for my gfx card?

Rogue

knowitman said:
I don't think they make new drivers for your card considering it is over 5 years old.
lol duh, i said that, just said i wsih they would finish the one they where working on when they stoped, since recently the started makeing good drivers, that and was asking if anyone had found any drivers OTHER people had put together that would work witha rageltpro that work with lcds, read better next time...

firestarter

Mahoukenshi Master!
Rogue said:
lol duh, i said that, just said i wsih they would finish the one they where working on when they stoped, since recently the started makeing good drivers, that and was asking if anyone had found any drivers OTHER people had put together that would work witha rageltpro that work with lcds, read better next time...
Or you could just buy a new card. Some decent ones cost less than $100...hell, considering you have a celeron, you might as well buy a new comp, some decent ones that run this thing cost less than $1000 these days.

Rogue

firestarter said:
Or you could just buy a new card. Some decent ones cost less than $100...hell, considering you have a celeron, you might as well buy a new comp, some decent ones that run this thing cost less than $1000 these days.

ugh.... i know i know.. sadly its a damed laptop... if it wasnt i would have upgraded the cpu and damed vid card years ago...... and i cant afford a new comp.... *sigh* he still needs to read better..... anyway this should be the end of the conversation