What's new

Rice Daedalus 5.1.0d

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
But....even if Rice puts effort into his card only...it should work for those of us who has high-end cards such as gf3 or gf4 ti.

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
5.1.0d

Nothing else, but setting a flag to force DirectX to use software T&L. I hope it works (I don't have a highend card to test with). If it works, it should solve all highend video cards (Geforce3/4, Radeon) depth buffer or 3D transformation glitches.

karth95

Lord of the Cats
Nothing wrong with only supporting the card you have. With the newest detonators, it still uses openGL 1.4, which (I think) means that any gforce 2+card will rock the house.

Last edited:

JohnnyA

Under DirectX mode, both Mario Golf and Mario Tennis are playable now. Although they both have graphics errors, I can play them just fine. I congratulate you Rice on your fine accomplishments!

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Trotterwatch said:
Time to downgrade my GF3 then :)

The odd thing is, once your plugin was blazingly fast on my machine. Then with a new revision it became extremely slow in full screen mode in both D3D and OpenGL. Then I upgraded drivers and everything was fixed - then this version I have the same kind of problems. In Window it works fine (tried with latest version).

I'll mess about with some tweaks to see if I can find what is causing it, then I'll post it in the relevant section.

EDIT:

Fixed the problems I was having by forcing SW T&L using 3D Analyse, seems like my GF3 is being affected by the same problem Radeon users once were. See this thread here for further details :)

A little OT, but what is this 3D Analyze you speak of? A google search resulted in nothing (that I noticed, at least.)

Sorry to see you won't be supporting other cards Rice. I do know what a headache it is. Good luck with your plugin, it's too bad I can't use it.

Last edited:
YOSHI'S STORY REPORT...

[5.1.0d]

[Direct-x]
Same as before... now white boxes when book is opened... then dissapear (this is new in d)... white hands yet... in-game speed really improved (this is new in d), black background yet...

[OpenGL]
Same as before (b), I put screenshots... if i enable Normal Combiner white yoshis and other items are ok, but buggy menu, no lucky fruit screen... and no transition effects... All the same i mean.

Screenshots...

[[[EDIT]]] When I change INI NormalColorCombiner from 2 to 1 like in version 5.0.1 game runs like that one (white degree at baclground menu instead yellow, white shadows, buggy scroll, a bit slow, but runs OK). I didn't noticed that change in the INI before.

[EDIT2] Sorry, I have post it here by some strange reason... i know it should be at bug reports thread... sorry... can someone move it there?

Last edited:

milen

Tried with my experimental OpenGL 1.3 (well, OGL 1.2 is hardware

Flash, is this driver released? Please give some information about it. I'm very interested in it. I can test it on Voodoo3 if you wish.

scotty

The Great One
Great Plugin Rice, more games are starting to work at full speed.
It is ok if you have to only concentrate on your video card, Im sure that it will work fine for me anyways. Most of the colourations are good, but there are some images that still need some fixing.
Overall it is still a great Video plugin
Hope that it works well with the new 1964 V1.0 that will come out whenever Schibo finishes perfecting it.

lukeskyd

drmario is nearly perfect...in pj64

Great Rice
:bouncy:
with your plugin 5.1.0c
drmario is nearly perfect...in pj64

now only the controls of the pills and in the menu don't work..
but it nearly perfect..

It's possible fix the controls??
:plain:
Luke

OP
Rice

Rice

Emulator Developer
Hm, looks like you are new to play Dr. Mario. It uses D-pad instead of analog sticks.

Gamesforever

People, when i use 1964 085 and when i play a game, i can't even see more then 10 meter (in Mario Kart 64). I don't know how to upload a screenshot so i can't show you, but it's worse!

Can anybody help me please? I use the newest Rice plugin.

256 MB RAM
ATI RADEON 9000 128 MB
2,53 GHZ
**Windows XP**

(( Is it maby my system?? [/FONT] ))

Trotterwatch

If you are definately using version D of the new plugin, and you are still having problems ensure everything is set to default in the plugin options.

If it doesn't help then try using the 3D analyse trick outlined previously in this thread.

Gamesforever

I still don't get wat that "3D analyse" is. I don't have VooDoo or something. Can it depend on that why 1964 doesn't work fine? Can you give me links where i can download Voodoo or/and "3D analyse"

Trotterwatch

Just download 3D Analyse and follow the instructions I gave in the thread - it really isn't that hard. It just forces your card to use Software T&L and a few other things.

You do not need Evoodoo or a Voodoo or anything such as that, so put that train of thought to the back of your mind.

Whobetta

This plugins seems really good and fast, but I'm having problems with MarioKart too like the above post was saying:
mariok.jpg

What settings could fix this? 2.4Ghz/Radeon 9000Pro 128mb/256 MB Ram

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
For people who has difficulties to see his post, copy the url of the image and paste it into the location bar to see it.
Btw, next time, don't forget you can attach images to your posts ;) :matrix:

Last edited:

vidiware

I can't get your plugin to work!
its just black :bye3:
i have a gforce ti 4600 with 128mb memory.,..
"High end card" as selection...
anybody have a good config for gf4 ti cards?=