What's new

Please read: Feedback thread for new EmuTalk

Martin

Administrator
Let me know what you like and dislike about the new EmuTalk in this thread. :)

Fixed/changed so far:
* Changed the layout from <a href="http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/">default style</a> to my own.
* Re-added the old attachment extensions. Let me know if I've forgot one, or if we need more.
* Removed minimum 10 characters to reply.
* Using the all new vBulletin reputation system. Approve or disapprove a user's post to influence the user's reputation.
* Dark version finished, select it from your User CP.
* You may now use a custom usertitle again.
* You may attach a profile picture, 640x480 pixels or less. Put a picture of yourself, your dog, your computer or whatever. Nice feature.
* Old images back. Postbit changed a little, removed report post and view ip and replaced them with images.
* Created a reply button and it's on the bottom right of each post. It works exactly like the old quote button we had for vB2. Click it and it will quote that post
* Computer system thingy back (OS, CPU etc.). And much better this time. If you don't enter anything in the boxes, they won't show at all (view blizz above for an example). You're not required to put anything there anymore. So those of you who don't want to have anything, just remove the default values or whatever you put there.
* Edit post only shows for the poster. (and admins and mods of course)
* New quote and code boxes. New BB Code: Spoiler.
* Display which style each user is using in postbit.
* Get new posts per forum, click the on button on forumhome to view new posts for a specific forum only.
* Your country is selectable from the User CP, a flag will show in your postbit.

Clements

I like everything! I'll have to get used to the new features like the Quick Reply (which I'm using now!) and multiple attachments etc. It also loads up much faster for me than the old emutalk on my lowly 56K connection. I think the present theme is better than the old theme, despite what everybody has been saying (dark backgrounds make some avatars like mine look crappy!) I've found only one problem (although it doesn't concern me) is that the Demo section doesn't work. Apart from that, it looks excellent.

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
i like the viewing options (linear, hybrid and threaded) they make browsing much faster; the rep options is kinda weird to me but wat'eva

DuDe

Emu64 Staff
Ok, since I don't wanna post a screenshot of it : take a look at this line:

EmuTalk.net > General Discussion > Talk of the Town > Please read: Feedback thread for new EmuTalk

It's right under the post... I think that it should appear on the upper side of the page.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Hey, I like all the new stuff and everything, execpt one thing: The text. Some is small, some is large, and I don't think it looks very good. Other than that tho, I think its great, along with the repuation thing. It's unique, and gives the commoners a chance to label other people however they feel

2fast4u

kinda missing all the small custom shit we had here .. like the custom style for signatures, the system specs at the bottom of the post, custom style for quotes, etc. i guess i should just give martin some more time ;) other than that .. well ... a little weird to use at first but no big complaints. :)

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
Jimbot said:
Hey, I like all the new stuff and everything, execpt one thing: The text. Some is small, some is large, and I don't think it looks very good. Other than that tho, I think its great, along with the repuation thing. It's unique, and gives the commoners a chance to label other people however they feel
Please give me some examples of where the text is small in some places and large at others? I feel it's pretty much like it used to be but have probably gone blind after staring at the templates for too long. :)

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
What? How do you quote? Also, how do you use that reputation thingy?
The text is most definetely not the same. It looks like it's in bold or something. The text right under "Welcome, nephalim - View New Posts" looks more like it should.

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Like here: compare all the green lines indictions of text. Just make like the siggys and actual messages smaller by a few font points.

BTW, i also noticed that the smilies are sort of random, i dont know if its just me but everytime i write a new message there are diff smilies, i love that

Clements

nephalim said:
What? How do you quote? Also, how do you use that reputation thingy?

Use quote tags to quote, and press the blue button to add to someone's reputation.

Clements

Jimbot said:
Like here: compare all the green lines indictions of text. Just make like the siggys and actual messages smaller by a few font points.

I don't get that at all. You must have changed an option somewhere or something. Mine looks like this:

ra5555

N64 Newbie
Hey Martin, great work! :) The new emutalk is getting better by the hour.

Suggestion: can we have the computer specs section back on the bottom of our signatures?

euphoria

Emutalk Member
I like that using Opera 7.10 on the old version the page numbers were on a box which was really slim and now they have been replaced with brackets(?) []
Therefore you don't have to aim when you click 'em ;)
Overall = nice, takes little time to get used to.

Remote

Overall, kick ass... It may not have all the cool stuff in it yet but we don't want to give Martin a heart attack just quite yet :p It definitely loads faster. And for Jimbot you might want to downscale your text size by 1 to get what everyone else is getting...

And although a little bit off topic, haft en trevlig midsommar?

Last edited:

Jimbot

PJ64k Support Team
Clements and Remote: OH man thats awesome

Have any suggestions on how to do that?

I already did the text size thing on View>Text Size>

Remote

Click your desktop properties -> click on the 4th tab -> change text size to normal

I'm assuming your using XP but really shouldn't be any differing using 95/98/2k... Any change?