What's new

Plugin Status

Knuckles

I think it's not allowed to ask about emu/plugin status, just wait to icepir8 to post something on this or to release it.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
It's not appreciated and should be avoided...but sometimes, when a long time has passed without news, it might be concidered "legal." :D

scotty

The Great One
Doomulation said:
It's not appreciated and should be avoided...but sometimes, when a long time has passed without news, it might be concidered "legal." :D

What is the actual time to consider it legal, I never knew. I have not really been into this forum a lot the last few days, but I hope that I dont have to have my personal life keeping me out of this forum that often, but I think it has been longer than usual for Icepir8, but let him take his time, I have learned that rushing can be too excessive many times

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
I think 9 months without any word is grounds for asking without consequence, IMHO.
Unfortunately some authors like to work it "spurts." Also, unfortunately, these same authors for some reason don't care to keep us informed on what the status and situation is.

I have absolutely no problems with authors (who make free software) who just don't have time to work, or would rather pursue a different path, we are lucky to have whatever they did or are producing. However, the one gripe I have is when an author releases a piece of software with updates planned, and nothing is happening, to release a small statement, one sentence would even be sufficient, just to say "i'm busy, don't know what'll happen," or "update IS planned but don't know when," etc.
It doesn't have to be specific, just signs of life or if it is given up a statement as such, as I illustrated even an "I don't know" would make me happy. That, as I said, is my only gripe. We are indeed very lucky to have such excellent free software (which unfortunately suffers due to lack of extensive testing that commercial software is able to achieve, thus making open source very important IMHO.) I don't think it's a major request, but you can't look a gift horse in the mouth (is that the proper expression?)