What's new

Service Pack 1 available

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Tagrineth said:
Will it fix the 'Failed to Allocate Memory' error?

And on a related note, will it work with 1.5 Beta?

The likehood is high it won't fix the failed to allocate memory error,
UNLESS it's related to plugin memory management,
because the exe file was not updated. The failed to allocate
memory error is a *MAJOR* error, probably generated by the exe
file relating the way it acts together with Windows memory management, perhaps in some scenarios with some hardware, cannot get along with Windows NT-style memory management, thus a recompile of Project64.exe is probably *REQUIRED*.

I *ONLY* have seen the failed to allocate memory error occur when the following conditions are true:

You told Windows to use no pagefile.

and/or

the pagefile is too small, must be at least 192 MB.

Last edited:

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
RJARRRPCGP said:
The likehood is high it won't fix the failed to allocate memory error,
UNLESS it's related to plugin memory management,
because the exe file was not updated. The failed to allocate
memory error is a *MAJOR* error, probably generated by the exe
file relating the way it acts together with Windows memory management, perhaps in some scenarios with some hardware, cannot get along with Windows NT-style memory management, thus a recompile of Project64.exe is probably *REQUIRED*.

I *ONLY* have seen the failed to allocate memory error occur when the following conditions are true:

You told Windows to use no pagefile.

and/or

the pagefile is too small, must be at least 192 MB.

I know, that's why I asked. :)

And I have 256MB physical memory, and my page file is set to 384 minimum, 448 maximum.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Actually, the failed to allocate memory error can be caused by
in some scenarios, Windows NT-based OSs denying Project64.exe
access to areas of memory. While Windows 9x as long as free RAM and can find swappable data, Windows will give the application as much memory as the application pleases, i.e., just give the go-ahead to allowing applications to access large amounts of memory, while with Windows NT-based OSs, Windows
may deny the application access to the memory if it attempts to access items without asking the kernel. This means if the C++
programming software environment is getting out of date,
the application compilations may be using Windows 9x methods
of accessing memory.

grand master

Emualtion Pimp
WOW great release!! I agree with Engeljaeger.

Btw yoshis story is much quicker now almost full speed on my comp (maybe full speed on a faster comp) only problem with this game is that the background (i.e. the back back picture sky etc now doesnt show . It did before (oh this is on the first page).

But who cares (not me anymore) its now more just a curiosity (was b4 but now totally is). Hope n64 emualtion becomes perfect with you legends (thats all jabo, rice , smiff, icepr8 , zilmar ,etc) cause it very nearly is!

Troublemaker

for doom 64 emu says that you should look at game faq but in game faq that game doesn`t exist
that was problem too in pj 1.5 without SP but you could fix that

ManInBlack

What I noticed...

Greetings folks,

until now I had PJ64 without the Service pack and here's what I discovered:
- With Jabo's updated video plugin, D3D6 1.5.1,Yoshi's storyhas a lack of background (ex. if you go to "practice", there's just a blue background color). This does not happen if you choose the "old" plugin D3D6 1.5 (which is in Backup folder) - Just rename it and you can choose between two Jabo's plugins ;)
- Next issue happens with both versions of Jabo's D3D6: Run a game and then choose to "end emulation" => if you close PJ64 it will come to an error.

Could someone please confirm all this? Thanks in advance.

Btw: I'm new here :bouncy: and I like PJ64 alot! :inlove:

yeah the missing background, its a fact

but the error you're talking about it's not a fact

you mean you're just closing the window without ending first the emulation??? and with which game you're getting the error? and what error is that :party:

ManInBlack

You didn't understand me; it doesn't matter which game it is, it happens everytime you run a game and then choose to end emulation and after you "ended emulation" if you want to close (alt+f4 or click on x:) ) the emulator then it comes to an error... Hmm, check it out!

ManInBlack

Yes, I can do that. It's a standard "Do you want to send this error report to Microsoft" error report:
AppName: project64.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 6ce1c769

Anyone else having this erorr after they choose to "end emulation" and then click on "exit" or alt+f4?

It does not happen if I close PJ64 when a game is still running - then it's ok.

Laughy

o_O

Oh no! This update kills pilotwings, forcing you to use another plug-in, and completely nullifying my cheat fix! lol. Oh well. Another curveball :)

:alucard: It's surprising you didn't find the pausing that big of a deal. It really made playing some games annoying. Maybe it was just me >.<

GJ though guys.