What's new

expansion, rumble, memory

solfra

I´m new to this and using the emulator it does not detect the expansion pak, so I´m not able to use certain games. How do I enable the expansion pak?
Also I´m using the adaptoid with nrage input plugin and I can´t get the rumble. Any Ideas on how to configure the plugin to make the rumble work?
I´m a bit confused on how to use the mempak to save certain games. Do I have to put the physical memory pak or the computer emulates it? If so, how do I enable this feature?
Thanks for all.

F.

Clements

For the expansion pack, right click the exp. pk. game, click edit game settings and change the memory size to 8MB.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Expansion Pak:
all games that *require* the expansion pak have it turned on automatically for them. if a game uses the pak but doesnt require it, it is probably turned off for a reason.
Which game(s) are not detecting the expansion pak?

Adaptoid Rumble:
Do you get rumble with the adaptoid input plugin? Do you have Wishtech drivers installed?

Memory Pack:
This is totally automatic, PJ64 creates and maintains mempaks for you. Please use the default plugins to start with. If you want to use real mempaks you can, but it's more complicated.

Can i suggest reading the documentation because a lot of this (all this?) is explained and you seem to need to know quite a lot :)

Last edited:
OP
S

solfra

For example Donkey Kong 64 doesnt open because it does not detect the expansion pak. I´m using nrage input plugin and I did not get rumble. I will try with the adaptoid plugin. Other game is I think is called Road Rage (a game with motorcycles) and it opens but it does not detect the expansion pak. In that game, I think it needs a mem pak because it doesnt save me anything.
Any Ideas ??
Thanks for your replies.
F.

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Based on what you say you either have bad ROMs or you don't have the current version of PJ64, v1.5 final. please check both these things.