Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So, all versions except the original Japanese version cannot save? That's unfortunate. Hopefully you can eventually fix it (you say you're rewriting the game engine?!).

(Note to self: Add Broken core note to Animal Forest (U) (T+Eng) in RDB.)

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think I should elaborate. It saves perfectly fine. the actual issue is when it reads from teh save an event should occur and writes a message. So, sporadically, you can save and reload fine, or bypass the infinite loop and be fine, but the issue can happen whenever a message should be written and saved.
    It's a bit complicated.

At any rate, you'd think incomplete ROM patches wouldn't be added to a ROM database in the first place, but I've never really understood the community.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    To temporarily fix a save when an event is triggered, just load the save in an untranslated Doubutsu no Mori, save&quit, then load the save in the translated version.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Wow! I remember posting on here years ago about this and i'm so happy to see it's still being worked on. How far have you guys came? This is one of my all time favorites and I'd love to be able to play it on my xperia play since it can run N64 emulators... (i can dream lol).

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Nope ;*)
    Nothing new at least.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xperia64 View Post
    To temporarily fix a save when an event is triggered, just load the save in an untranslated Doubutsu no Mori, save&quit, then load the save in the translated version.
    Can you elaborate? I can't find any way to load a save from one game into another game. I've tried Mupen64 on my Android tablet, N64oid on my Android tablet, and Project64 on my computer. I can't figure out how you're doing this, but it sounds like a really good idea. Thanks.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Zoinkity, your work is incredible but it seems it's far from being done. I have one question for you which I ask everyone when they start such a big project. Do you believe you will finish it? I don't ask for exact release date or anything like that, just whether you are determined enough. At first everyone is excited but that excitement fades away over time. It's natural and cannot be criticised. I'm just interested if you're still enjoying it like when you started the project approx. 6 years ago.
    Last edited by Paar; July 23rd, 2014 at 10:09.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The issue is I have a lot of other obligations and there aren't many N64 hackers. This project requires the largest degree of work to make any individual change, so it's the furthest down on the list. It only makes sense: many of the errors being ironed out of this patch are entirely because I was distracted with other projects on the side. It's only when everything else is cleared off the table that I can really dedicate any time to it.

In the meantime I've assisted in or worked solo on dozens of other projects, most of which are finished or nearly-complete as well as behind the scenes work on prototypes and hardware documentation. A lot of consultation work. For the most part it's small jobs that can be finished quickly or really difficult jobs that are holding up other people from finishing what they've started.

If it wasn't just the GC dialog shoehorned into the N64 version I'd feel a lot better about it (and there wouldn't be nearly as much work), but I'm just as hopeful to get it done one day.
    Actually, all that other work has revealed just how slapdash the original codework was, and I've really been on the fence about starting over from a completely new codebase. Even the variable width font can be implemented better, or I should say already has been in a different project. The codeword correction error was revealed via work on a different title, and now I have a 100% Nintendo-accurate compressor thanks to all that de/recompression work for the N64SoundTool and Midwaydec.

I don't expect it to get done any time soon (it's at something like #5 on the list right now, though that should soon be #4). It just requires much more dedicated time than anything else I've been suckered into.

• Advertising

advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed

Page 77 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2767757677