Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast
    EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlupi View Post
    Ok, so I am trying to patch the Dobutsu no Mori ROM and it keeps saying invalid image file for both roms... I know it's a clean, non-byteswapped version of the rom, but it's still not working! Any help, please?
    Are you sure you used extendo

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is there by chance any more work being done on this? I see how well this patch works, although I cannot get a game started because of the black screen issue. I would really like to play this game and I see there has been an incredible amount of work put towards this as well as a large community effort. I would hate to see that go to waste and go unfinished. I completely support of the work that's been done here and it would be great to see more!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's still going on, but it requires a lot of debugging. That black screen issue is due to about twelve completely rewritten routines' inabilities to integrate completely with existing code, some of which needs to change. I'm going through everything from the ground-up, and it really is taking forever ;*)
    Slowly but surely.

There's also a few other high-profile projects at the moment which have taken priority until I can do proper testing on console. In a roundabout way it's helping AF, but for the most part just very distracting.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I find this to be exceptional news. I'm glad to hear that this project isn't forgotten. Not for the sake of how badly I'd like to play it, but it's generally really cool to see when people finish what they set out to do. I'll be patiently waiting and periodically checking. Keep up the good work!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, I'm just putzing around about it. Sorry I don't leave update messages very often. I've found most people aren't very interested in lines like: "Well, I was thumbing through a disassembly the other daya and worked out a way to better implement one of the save file tests."

Slowly but surely.

• Advertising

advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well, my last update was what, 1-1/2 to 2 years ago?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoinkity View Post
    Can't wait for the black screen bug to be fixed. I assume this is the same one with the special events or w/e they are called that causes saved game loading to not work
    Last edited by xperia64; April 29th, 2012 at 02:44.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yep, all interrelated. It's crazy that all of those are symptoms of the same inherant problem, but that's just how these things fall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zoinkity View Post
    Zoinkity! I have been following progress on this project off/on for years and I really want to say that I appreciate all of the work you have personally put into the project. I am surprised that the last few pages of this thread seemed to have died down (from having just read the whole thing).
    Anyway I'm planning on buying an android tablet soon and I am looking forward to playing English Animal Forest on it w/N64oid emulator!

So any more updates planned or is it as complete as it will probably get?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am (slowly) working on an update. It just requires rewriting a vast amount of code. Plus, I've been lazy and giving a few sidelined and requested projects priority, such as the recent Mini Racers patch to fix the damaged track and restore some textures.

There's a lot of boring things going on like documentation. Aegh. So, eventually it will all pay off, but for now no new updates.

Page 72 of 78 FirstFirst ... 22627071727374 ... LastLast