What's new

animal forest translation?

zaba_3

alexp2_ad said:
Wow... this is great work, keep it up guys... do you think you will actually finish it? If so when?
i think they want finish this.and im 100 % sure quvack and others cant see in future :p

Quvack

Lol no, no seeing in the future for me :p
It'd take a lot of work to get the rom fully translated, the script the game has is huge and I just dont know enough about rom hacking to find out all I need at the moment, and my not knowing any Japanese isnt much help!

I probably need to get the game on GC in order to be able to get an idea of how the game works a little better :) Or just wait till a GC emulator supports it, regardless I'm sure the scripts wont match up perfectly due to the GC version having a few more features, but for the majority of the game it sounds like it'd be ok.

posty_2k3

T3h pwn3r3r
Heh, the GC version only has like, one extra feature :p (besides english, lol) It's the ability to scan E-Reader cards. They released one in jap on the gamecube called Dobutsu No Mori E Plus :p Anyways, I wish you guys luck. If you need any help with what is said wherever, I could help you a bit. I own the game on my gamecube, heh. But the bad thing is, when you load up you game, the people say random things, and random people are shown :p So it will be a lot to translate. I wish you luck though! (the only thing I could tell you is like, what Tom Nook asks you to do for him in the beginning, or items and stuff, but that's about it)

Quvack

Its good there isnt many too many new features, makes life a little easier :p
I havent really played the game all that much (apart from the Jap-N64 one), so umm im little clueless when it comes to how parts of the game work, but I've got a pretty good idea from FAQ's i've read about it, etc..

The random things the characters say could prove to be a pain, its easy enough to track down what they say within the rom, but being able to test the messages once they've been changed to english could prove to be a pain, unless I figure out a code which lets me select the dialog for them to say :p

To begin with, I think I'll just go thru and edit the Intro and a few other static things, like signs, notes, menu's, items, etc, just see where that leads me :) At the moment its just something to pass some time with.

Last edited:

alexp2_ad

There was one other feature, if you linked up the gameboy you could also talk to this boatman guy who would take you to gameboy island or something and you could play this weird minigame on the GBA...

Quvack

lol its just the crazyness of the game rubbing off onto me i think, its not too hard to guess whats happening thru the first bits, and ive read a fair few faqs so that kinda helped out :) I'll get the GC version one of these days.

gametrad

Banned
euhhh , since 6 month i began translating doubutsu no mori on N64
I searshed some guys to help me , but I found nobody
I know all what we need to now about the translation of animalforest , I HAVE ALL TXT SCRIPTS TRANSLATED IN ENGLISH , but the problem is that the height of the translated txt is much huge for the rom , I tried with nemu debugguer to change the height of the txt blocks but ,I didn't know how to do.
this the patch for the n64 rom , I translated the inro to french.

Quvack

gametrads said:
Yes , and the txtscripts are already translated with the 7F byte and the other ones. :bouncy:

welllll I know how to resize the text and all that other stuff, just need some help with the text pointers and i'll know everything too, contact me and we can share details maybe? :)

alexp2_ad

I would like to but the gamecube one is sheap now so... meh.

Still, good work... go for it guys!

Whats the word on progress guys? Anything?

Last edited by a moderator:

Quvack

gametrad taught me a few new things about how the game works and shared a few ideas, still looking into changing the default font sizing though, its just not gonna work properly until that happens. I've started writing a program to make parts of it easier but I've no idea how that'll turn out, my coding skills are still rather limited. I'll post some screenshots of my and gametrad's different progress, when I get a chance to take a few more :)