What's new

animal forest translation?

zoinkity

Sorry, it took about five downloads before exceeding the maximum bandwidth capacity whatamajigger. Aegh... Well, it is there. Anyone who would like to host it is more than willing to.

Shadow_Pwn

Poo. Darned websites... There's a couple websites I can think of off the top of my head you could host it on. -shrug-

Just glad it's still coming along!

Last edited:

MrPinchy

so how exactly do I patch this?:unsure:

You need the Doubutsu no Mori AKA Animal Forest ROM, and AFProjectDistro.zip from zoinkity's site.

1. Make sure both are unzipped.

2. Drag and drop the ROM onto extendo.exe which can be found in the Programs folder of AFProjectDistro. Type y and press enter when it asks if it should extend the ROM. This makes a new ROM file which is extended and ready for patching.

3. Make another copy of that extended ROM.

4. Also in the Programs folder you should find ups.zip which is the actual patcher. Unzip it.

5. Run ups.exe

6. For the input file select the extended ROM. For the output file select the copy of the extended ROM.

7. For the patch file select the .ups file which is in AFProjectDistro. The current one is called NAFE-WIP-25_10_2008.ups

8. Click apply and it should say patch successful or whatever in the box.

Not sure if these instructions are 100% accurate but I think that's what I did to get it to work.

sumosammy

Here I made a compiled rom heres the link *link removed*

no links to roms, even patched ones

Last edited by a moderator:

15avaughn

Insert Cake Here
WAIT!! i think I know why its failing I was using an already ILS patched copy XD well let me redownload from my "Resource" and I'll try again

Goemon_Guy

Can't patch rom

First off, Hi.

Secondly,
I cannot patch the rom with the ups patcher. I have tried multiple times and each time it gives me some type of "Unknown Microcode" error. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, and would greatly appreciate to know what the "Microcode" error is.

EDIT: I also found that if I select a Microcode from a list, the game will run, but everytime I go into a menu, the game gives me this error.
PS - Microcode is F3DEX2
I really don't understand this...

Last edited:

Mario494

Animal crossing patch

wow i wanted to thank you guys for translating this game it ownz now. everything seems to be translated accept for items and few other things i was wondering if you were planing to release another final patch with everything translated. ok and my other question is in your inventory why is everything black were your curser and character is. if anyone knows how to fix this please reply.
Thanks

Goemon_Guy

I am almost positive that if you play around with the graphics plugins, you will find a solution. At least, I found one with the Direct X plugin.
PS
I found a solution to my previous problem... Turned out I was using an old plugin... who would've thought?

Mario494

kk well i messed around with the options a bit thanks for tip but its still the same is it like that on yours if not can u tell me what i need to do so its not black were the curser is and were your little guy isin the inventory screen.
Thanks
Also for the peeps makeing translation, when you click sell item he talks about turnip prices? and when you click other he asks if you have anything to sell i think they got a bit switched around.

Ratleh

Wow, what you've done so far looks fantastic--looking forwards to future updates and thank you very much! :D

Goemon_Guy

Hm, it tells me the internal clock is wrong.
Any ideas on how to fix this?

The N64 didn't have an internal clock, so the game loads that every time... That is kind of a pain, but it doesn't make the game bad. I am not sure if anyone here has the knowledge to fix it.
Maybe someday there will be an emulator that reads the time from the PC clock? If it bugs you that much though, the game is only like, 10-20 dollars. (GC Ver.)
I wish I could help with the project, but I lack the knowledge of the hex values for the Japanese characters... If anyone has a copy of it, I would gladly appreciate it if you could lend it to me!

Last edited:

GoronKid64

OK so I downloaded everything I need to patch the rom, but what do I do after I have done(IN ORDER): Extendo, GrabResources, InsertStuff.
I have done all those and checked the extended rom and nothing was changed...
Help?

Goemon_Guy

You should use "UPS.exe" and the supplied UPS file. It's called NAFE something.
-Open UPS.exe
-Open the extended rom, which should be expanded using "extendo" (supplied)
-Find the patch and open it as well.
-Click, "Patch ROM"

And Voila! Animal Forest, in partial english!

PS, I found a table file for the game. (With the latest patch.) I can help with the translation if people would like. I have been tinkering with the rom for about 2 years, and just recently revealed myself. I have been translating item names just recently. I wish that the game would allow more than 10 characters per item. It's hard to rename a shirt to "Big Dot Shirt" so I used a shorter version "Dot Shirt". Does anyone know if there is a "Dot Shirt"?
I wish I could reprogram the game to use maybe... 15 letters per item name.

Last edited:

Shadow_Pwn

yes! I've been here since page... 36 I think, and I'm so glad it's finally gotten this far! You guys are going to make Nintendo 64 Rom history. Hahaha