What's new

animal forest translation?

FlotsamX

Wow, so you have another patch ready? Cool. We are getting closer than ever to Animal Crossing... without a Gamecube emulator! XP

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
I thought it was clear I didn't create a patch :\ I am willing to test an expanded rom in Mupen64Plus. I forgot to mention why this is useful, because I can debug it if something goes wrong and probably find the issue.

FlotsamX

Patch works awesomely in Rice+Mupen64Plus

This is what my assumption on the patch was. But nonetheless...

Are you saying that you are thinking that the only way to get the ROM perfect is to expand it to 256MB?! Well... that's not good news for my 128kb DSL, or my CD64 which only runs games up to 64MB.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
I'm certain they meant 256MBits, because that's a common size for N64 games. That is 64MB if I do recall.

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
Yeah, and I'm sure we could solve the problem with why the ROM doesn't work. I'd gladly try to help if given the opportunity. I'm not really a fan of this game or anything, but I'm definitely willing to help this project along. Not all that much action going on around here anyways.

FlotsamX

The game is actually quite good. Animal Crossing on the Gamecube was my favorite game of '04-'05. Then I got Halo 2. XP

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
I get an error that says the game is in an endless loop and it wont run

Provide more information. Emulator, Settings (Recompiler or Interpreter CPU?), Plugins, and be sure that your original ROM was good (I don't think IPS would have patched a bad version of the ROM, but I guess I don't really know whether it would or not.)

zoinkity

That's due to a bad checksum value in the rom header. If it happened after you applied the patch, then you applied it to a rom that was byteswapped the wrong way.
IPS makes no attempt to test the validity of either the rom or the data. The new UPS should probably become the standard for N64.

76% fragmented... That could explain some filesystem errors.

Last edited:

nmn

Mupen64Plus Dev.
No, The source rom is byte swapped different than the ROM that they patched against. You must retrieve it again, byteswap it somehow and then try applying the patch.

ShadowBeast

>_< OMG IM SO EAGER TO PLAY THIS GAME IN ENGLISH!!!

I just finished my last house payment in japanese translation ^_^

Now, I wanna know what he was saying the entire time that I was clueless! XD

FlotsamX

If it is the program's fault that the text cannot be fully implemented, then what would we (and by we, you) do?

Aura_K

Doubutsu no Mori e+
I guess some signals got crossed here... it seems as though he's taking your statement and applying it to Zoinkity. :huh:

zoinkity

Maho? Maho Maho?

Uhm, ips patching is just silly. Dextrose has byteswapping programs if you need them, or you can open it in a hex editor and do it the ol' fashioned way.