What's new

Feature Suggestion

twisty

Jabo,

Would you be open to the idea of adding an option to overclock the emulated 6502? It would allow some games to play the way they were intended, without any unnecessary slowdowns.

However I'm not certain whether or not this might adversely affect timing in some games. What are your thoughts on the issue? TIA

twisty
MameWorld

Jabo

Emulator Developer
there is a general need for timing control in jnes .. not only for what you described, but the extended vertical blank is kind of dirty hack :), also there is no PAL support (50fps)

Clements

The 512X448 Windowed mode with Super2XSAI looks stunning. Are you planning on extending that to other resolutions or even fullscreen? Super2XSAI looks much better than my automatic hardware filtering. :)

Jabo

Emulator Developer
well native nes resolution for ntsc is 256x224

Super2xSaI is just that, it only doubles the resolution... as far as full screen i really haven't spec'd out a great method for allowing it since theoretically you can choose a resolution lower than 512x448 (ie 400x300) in the full screen options ..

but windowed should be fine if you want that for now

OP
twisty

twisty

Jabo said:
there is a general need for timing control in jnes .. not only for what you described, but the extended vertical blank is kind of dirty hack, also there is no PAL support (50fps)

I see - thanks for the response :)

twisty
MameWorld