What's new

Satourne 1.01p is out with new plugins!!

Jupiter

Just a Jupi.
yay, and the DLLs are included n_n
appears that it can't boot from CD though... and i just deleted all my ISOs -_-

oh well... at least GiriGiriSaturn is working well enough at the moment.

Jupiter

Just a Jupi.
my God, this computer has an unquestionably fantastic ability to NEVER RUN ANY FECKING VERSION OF SATOURNE EVER. i have doubts that Satourne even plays games, if its performance for me is of any indication.

okay, so it won't boot from the CD. i'm determined to get it to run ANYTHING AT ALL, so i rip a couple ISOs again. if i load an ISO (have tried from both the CD block plugin config and the Load Saturn BIN option from the machine mode menu), it gives me either an invalid image message, or an error window saying the file is too big. loading the CUE file from either menu gives me an SH2 error. if i do get it to boot at all, it takes me to the CD player window, where none of the buttons work, and eventually stops responding to any and all input from me after a few seconds, though everything continues to animate. this is really frigging stupid. i'm convinced all of you who post screenshots of Satourne running your games have just been doing some really nifty Photoshop work, and it's all an evil conspiracy against me. either that or WinXP is the worst OS to come from Microsoft since WinME. sure, it's incredibly stable and pretty, but the compatibility is absolute shit.

*smacks himself in the head with a tackhammer and goes off to play Panzer Dragoon II on the regular ol Saturn*

OP
fivefeet8

fivefeet8

-= Clark Kent -X- =-
I've gotten satourne running just fine, but there are a few things you should know before attempting to run games on it:

1. Satourne currently only supports "cooked" 2048 iso files. It will not run "RAW" bins 2352. Which is the reason why your getting that "image invalid" error. Make a bin file from a saturn game, but make sure the "raw" option is not checkmarked in cdrwin. Cdrwin will then make a "cooked" bin file of the game.

2. Satourne now supports configuration of gamepads and keyboard, which it didn't in the 1.0p version. Version 1.01p lets you configure your gamepad or keyboard. Remember to select the "select device" option in the smpc plugin, then use the arrow keys on your keyboard to scroll down to the list. It doesn't let you use the scroll bar. Strange I know.

3. Don't expect satourne to run much. It's compatibility is quite low. Most games I've tried has sh2 errors or freezes the emu. It's speed can be better than even girigiri though(sh2 frequency option). And it has cool filtering options.

Last edited:

Jupiter

Just a Jupi.
ah, only supports cooked ISOs =\
alrighty then. guess i'll give it another shot later on.

and i noticed that keyboard config oddity last night... nothing happened with the drop down menu, so i just hit arrow down to select the keyboard option.

thanks anywho.