What's new

Little graphics card poll

Does your graphic card support pixelshader? (Hint: Most GeForce 3 and above do)

• Yep

Votes: 66 57.9%
  • No way

Votes: 40 35.1%
  • I don't know

Votes: 8 7.0%

• Total voters

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
To a moderator: please change one vote from no way to yes. I upgraded.

However, I got a Radeon 9000 mobility (it's actually faster than the regular 9000 but slower than the pro.) I can't find what pixel and vertex shader versions it has, ATi's press release says 1.4/1.4, i've also seen 1.3/1.0, and 1.3/1.3. Every review seems to have it different. Can someone please tell me what the implications of this are (not having version 2.0)? What's the difference, and will it not matter that I have pixel/vertex shaders since they aren't 2.0?

CLSugarman

I heard the FX series doesn't have FULL 2.0 support. My ATI does, and i got a 9500, and softmod'd to a 9700 with 9800 features (for example not rendering hidden objects) all i need now to overclock it to 9800 speed, and i'm set. now to find a cooler. btw, GREAT work Lemmy! if emulation is going to improve,sacrfices must be made. sorry for low-end users, but it's about time to catch up with the rest of us. did i mentioned i payed $130 for my card :)

Stezo2k

S-2K
mine can, but the only thing i dont like about my GF3 is it's 4X, when my mobo can support up to 8X, oh well :/

my next card will probably be an ATI if they are cheap enough :happy:

Trotterwatch

mine can, but the only thing i dont like about my GF3 is it's 4X, when my mobo can support up to 8X, oh well :/

8x is not needed, it gives no real performance advantage for the current crop of cards, especially not any card of GF4 or below calibre.

Kahenraz

Correction. I no longer have a gfx card with pixel shader support. I blew out my GF3 and my MSI motherboard during a video card swap.

Geoz

De Master
Kahenraz said:
Correction. I no longer have a gfx card with pixel shader support. I blew out my GF3 and my MSI motherboard during a video card swap.
Does this mean a new version of nemu? by any chance...
jus' asking

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Here is the rule to go by:

If 3D Mark 2001 SE skips the Game4-Nature test, your video card don't have any pixel shader support.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Uhh yeah, I think I did manage to write a small app that tests if your card supports pixel shader and vertex shader...also displays what versions of them your card supports.
I should remember to attach it sometime when I'm home.

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I say, it will *test* what version you have.
Besides, it *is* possible, how else could the manufacturers have done it? :p