What's new

Jnes 051 feedback

lario

The Smart One
Great sound and graphics, no problems encountered so far. :)

A convenient feature would be drag-and-drop support, but I'm not gonna ask for it. ;)

scotty

The Great One
There have been a few improvements on Jnes, good to see, and getting better.

Things you might need to work on:

Mapper 5 is still messed up (except Castlevania III which is working really well)

Mapper 7, a few games are still messed up.

Colour palette: is it me or is there a lot of redness in the palette.

Sound: A lot better, but stilll needs a little work here and there.

Overall: A good emulator. Good to see that you're getting back into programming emulators Jabo.

twisty

I've been waiting over 2 years for this very release :D
And I see that you fixed the centering for unstretched full-screen display that I had mentioned several months back - bonus.

It's finally perfect in my eyes, the best NES emu out there methinks. Thanks a bunch Jabo.

(time to play some Gyruss)

twisty
MameWorld

smegforbrain

Re: Re: Jnes 051 feedback

scotty said:
Mapper 5 is still messed up (except Castlevania III which is working really well)

Yeah, I'm looking at Mapper 5 games as well. Most of them atleast load now, which is a great start to getting some of my favorite games running on JNes! :)

Clements

Re: Re: Re: Jnes 051 feedback

When playing Final Fantasy 2 with the latest patch, the screen flickers madly on the title screen. Is this fixable? My rom is Final Fantasy 2 (J) which has been verified by GoodNES and by VirtuaNES's internal checker.

scotty

The Great One
Re: Re: Re: Re: Jnes 051 feedback

Clements said:
When playing Final Fantasy 2 with the latest patch, the screen flickers madly on the title screen. Is this fixable? My rom is Final Fantasy 2 (J) which has been verified by GoodNES and by VirtuaNES's internal checker.

Some versions do that, I was trying to find one that didn't, V1.0 works fine here, but the stuff is at the bottom of the screen.
Speaking of Final Fantasy, FF3(JP) has got a weird popping noise coming from the sound during a battle, and it is this way with all emulators, and has been verified by goodnes. I was wondering if there was a way around it.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Jnes 051 feedback

Clements said:

this means you are using FF2 (J) plus an IPS patch and you have problems?

Clements

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Jnes 051 feedback

Jabo said:
this means you are using FF2 (J) plus an IPS patch and you have problems?

Yes, the title screen appears normal but flashes/flickers with the weird graphics, when using the 1.03 patch from the whirlpool here:

http://donut.parodius.com/?func=trans&platform=nes&gamekey=126

Through a little bit of research, Nesticle 0.42 is the only NES emulator that doesn't flicker with the patch.

Jiiimbooh

In Ducktales 2, when you chose to go to the pyramid level sometimes the screen goes black. You can hear the music but there's no picture. But sometimes it works.
Other than that Jnes is a great emulator.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Jiiimbooh said:
In Ducktales 2, when you chose to go to the pyramid level sometimes the screen goes black. You can hear the music but there's no picture. But sometimes it works.
Other than that Jnes is a great emulator.
yeah i see what you mean, that is kind of weird actually...

Cidio

first of all i have to say this is THE BEST! emulator i have ever seen and it has been working for the past few days (like 3 days after i dl'd it), but now when i open it it does nothing, but it appears that it is open, but i can't see it when i right click on it it says it is open but then i minimize it and click move, then a small yellow dot appears in the top left of my desktop and a cursor appears over it to move it but then when i click to move it nothing happens and i really want to beat my game :doh: BUT I CANT PLAY IT!!! AND I DOWNLOADED IT 3 MORE TIMES AND EXTRACTED THE FILES AND IT STILL WILL NOT WORK!!!!!!

I just dl'd the version before the most recent release and it seems to be working fine but i really need help if anyone can offer any.

Last edited: