What's new

16Bit Colours problem

Stezo2k

S-2K
Hey guys, i have been running my pc on 16bit colours since i had it (about 3 months) with no probems, my brother installed a game from the bbc called FightKit, and my desktop icons look crap at 16bit now, like its 8bit, when its not, any idea what the prob is?

heres a pic

Some old games prefers to run in 8 bit color, and maybe you should check if the bit-depth of your desktop is set to 16 or 32 bit.

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
already have mate, no difference except at 32bit, but at 32bit, my system seems a lot slower

Trotterwatch

Stezo2k said:
already have mate, no difference except at 32bit, but at 32bit, my system seems a lot slower

I've had this kind of problem before and solved it simply by changing to 16bit, then back to 32bit. A 32bit colour desktop shouldn't really slow down any modern machine, so I'd look for a route to the problem there.

Oh btw, why are you runing your monitor at 60hz? If it's just the XP refresh rate bug you can easily solve that, I couldn't run at 60hz as it hurts my eyes after a while.

OP
Stezo2k

Stezo2k

S-2K
yeah ive added the 60hz fix mate, but i think ill change to 75hz, i'll update my drivers in the meantime i'll change to 32bit thanx guys