What's new

Emu64 HiP Thread

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
alexa999 said:
This is much like the problem I explained here: http://www.emutalk.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=13963 . But a lot more intense and I can't stop it.

Yep, i have read your post since you first started it (sad it went off topic).

alexa999 said:
How come you cant run Corn on your system?:plain:

I have no idea. Maybe its the os. I select a rom and corn just crashes.

Changing back to Emu64 HiP: I'm working on a possible fix. I may send it over to you in a couple of hours. You got the problem on both fullscreen and windowed mode?

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
Just thinking... have you tried Emu64 HiP+Corn on your bro's computer? If you try that, tell me your results, to see if i'm in good path with the fix.

alexa999

Banned
NeTo said:
Yep, i have read your post since you first started it (sad it went off topic).

I have no idea. Maybe its the os. I select a rom and corn just crashes.

Changing back to Emu64 HiP: I'm working on a possible fix. I may send it over to you in a couple of hours. You got the problem on both fullscreen and windowed mode?

It works on fullscreen!!!:D :D :D :happy: :happy: :happy:

alexa999

Banned
NeTo said:
Just thinking... have you tried Emu64 HiP+Corn on your bro's computer? If you try that, tell me your results, to see if i'm in good path with the fix.

It works without any problems on my bro's computer, In windowed and fullscreen.:plain:

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
alexa999 said:
It works without any problems on my bro's computer, In windowed and fullscreen.:plain:

Uhm, not good, the main reason maybe not related to Emu64 HiP, but i will see if my fix can be of any help.

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
nephalim said:
What the heck is PJ64k?

It's PJ64 1.4 with Kaillera support (to play online). I don't know anything else, since i haven't tried it. I think there is a large thread about it here in emutalk...

straight

NeTo - I'm getting some amazing performance increases with your program running 1964! In the Banjo games, for instance, the bottleneck is no longer my processor but my video card (see below for my sys specs). And F-Zero runs about 15-20 FPS faster.

My only problem is that it seems to make the function-key features of 1964 very slow or unresponsive. If I try to use F5 or F7 to quicksave/quickload, it either doesn't respond or takes several seconds before it does it (no good for trying to do a precise quicksave in a race or something). Worse, some of the time it won't respond to ESC or ALT-TAB or even ALT-CTRL-DEL, so I can't exit the program - I have to do a hard reboot.

I'm using the 1.4 version.

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
straight said:
NeTo - I'm getting some amazing performance increases with your program running 1964! In the Banjo games, for instance, the bottleneck is no longer my processor but my video card (see below for my sys specs). And F-Zero runs about 15-20 FPS faster.

My only problem is that it seems to make the function-key features of 1964 very slow or unresponsive. If I try to use F5 or F7 to quicksave/quickload, it either doesn't respond or takes several seconds before it does it (no good for trying to do a precise quicksave in a race or something). Worse, some of the time it won't respond to ESC or ALT-TAB or even ALT-CTRL-DEL, so I can't exit the program - I have to do a hard reboot.

I'm using the 1.4 version.

Good you tell that. It seems to happen with 1964 only (¿?). I'm working on a fix now. It will appear in v1.5 (hope i can release it this week)

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
alexa999 said:
Hey Neto, Look at your private messages. Am I gonna be added to the Thanx To screen?:plain:

Yep, just wait and see :holiday:. (I will modify the thanx screen just before i release the public 1.5 version, the screen and readme of the betas are just the ones of 1.4)

Thanx for your testing the beta out anyway!.

alexa999

Banned
What is a good way to update Emu64 HiP? I always uninstall it and then install the newer version. How does everyone else do it?:plain:

OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
alexa999 said:
What is a good way to update Emu64 HiP? I always uninstall it and then install the newer version. How does everyone else do it?:plain:

You can just install it over. Versions over 1.2 recognize when you did an update. And i haven't added/deleted any files since the first release (actually the program has only one file, the rest are the visual basic 6 runtimes, that don't get replaced with new installations.)

alexa999

Banned
NeTo said:
You can just install it over. Versions over 1.2 recognize when you did an update. And i haven't added/deleted any files since the first release (actually the program has only one file, the rest are the visual basic 6 runtimes, that don't get replaced with new installations.)

Cool. Thanks!:)

alexa999

Banned
NeTo said:

Will the beta + fix that you gave me know that it is an update?:plain:

Edit: Both of them?:plain:

Last edited:
OP
NeTo

NeTo

Emu_64 HiP Coder
alexa999 said:
Will the beta + fix that you gave me know that it is an update?:plain:

Edit: Both of them?:plain:

Good you told me that. The future 1.5 wouldn't recognize the betas. I will fix that before release.