What's new

SMP Jnes?

merlinn

After downloading and running the program, I get the error "The procedure entry point SMapLS could not be located in the dynamic link library KERNEL32.dll" With the title "Jnes.exe - Entry Point Not Found"

This was before, and after a formatted and freshly installed xp professional. I have dual processors, and I assume that it has something to do with the different kernel that dual processor systems use, but I could be wrong. Is there a fix for this? Ive already tried replacing numerous files, and I havent found much of anyone else having the same problem while searching online.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I'll definitely be thinking about it over the next couple of days, SMP is not my field of expertise in dealing with the win32 kernel ..

OP
M

merlinn

I appreciate it. I dont know exactly how all of it works, but if you want me to send you my kernel32.dll to take a look at or whatever, just email me and Ill set something up.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I was really hoping that the latest 1.5.1 would fix it if possible, i'm going to assume that's not the case ?

I did a quick web search to see if other people have had similar issues..

http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1222

may be of interest it has some kind of solution.. another thing that may be of interest, in XP right click on Jnes.exe and click the compatibility tab, see if playing around with that helps (like running it in win98 compatibility mode?)

Last edited:
OP
M

merlinn

I raped the search engine as well and turned up nil. Sure, people get the same error message as me, but not at the same times, nor for the same reason(like the link in your last post) This happens with any windows nes emulator that Ive tried to download. Im not at my house right now, but as of my first post I had the most recent version of Jnes downloaded and I got the same error. As for compatibility, I played with that too. Nothing. I found a problem with dual processing and half-life that I fixed by ctrl+alt+delete, finding the exe, and setting it so that it runs on one processor only. I would do the same thing on Jnes, except that it closes with the error too fast. Like I said, this is a fresh install, and this has happened ever since I started using a second processor on my mobo. Isnt there some "magic" line of code you can put in to make the emulator run on a single processor only?

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I would of figured if you ran it in win95 compat mode it would force a single processor, since win95 didnt do that, oh well.

there is no "magical" way that I know of to disable multiple processors, Jnes uses a few threads, multiple processors would actually be a benefit in a way (assuming my timing is as good as I think it should be) ... that said the executable obviously isnt even loading since you get a linking error, which means there is no physical code I can put in there that would fix this from what I gather from talking with you

I'd really need a machine like that to test with, hrm, like I said before I'll keep it in mind, but it definitely sounds like Im not the only one with the problem at least.

OP
M

merlinn

Is there anyway I can talk to you in real time? Theres a few other ideas I have that you might be able to figure something out with, like taking the procedure SMapLS and putting it in another file, then linking to that file rather than kernel32.dll. Like I said, I dont know much of anything as far as emulation or much in advanced programming, but let me know. Email me if there is another way to contact you.