What's new

Saturn Emulation Screenshots

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Yeap, afaik Nights is 100% playable in this realease. Shining Force still crashes though (was playable in R5, or R4 or even R1 I think).

Story Of Thor 2 and Virtual On are also playable and looking great...
If you want more speed you can deactivate sound anytime :D

Edit: When a game crashes or freezes when it boots or loads it might be due to a "bad" ISO+MP3 image. Saturn is very sensitive to this matter. In any case try to convert the MP3s to WAVEs and burn the image (ISO+WAVE) to a CD.

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Yeah, I figured that out with my Guardian Heroes file. ;)

Nice shots. SSF sure is great, huh? :)

Here's soem more Guardian Heroes screenshots. One of the best games ever created (go Treasure :D). I never thought Saturn emulation would progress this far.. if I was wearing one, my hat would go off to Shima. :happy:

Last edited:

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Yeah. Saturn emulators are evolving a lot recently. From what I've heard Satourne is also having some impessive progress (ie: The videos on Nights work).
Some other projects also look very promising (Saturnin and Yabause).

The most amazing thing about SSF is its compatibility and speed in conjuction with the low level video emulation (through software!) and the emulated sound :huh:

Last edited:

cooliscool

Nintendo Zealot
Indeed.. and the rate that Shima produces releases is insane as well, for the amount of changes that go into each one. He's an awesome programmer.. I'd love to meet the guy (first, learn Japanese ;)). He must have worked for Sega at one point in time. :p

Last edited:

Gelon.com

Que pasa neng!
GaX: The Duel

gaxtd1.jpg

۞

OP
flow``

flow``

flow``
i'd love to post some ssf ss's if i had sse2 on my cpu :p

kinda crappy the lack of sse2 cuts out a lot of amd cpu owners :(

btw as cooliscool posted, r8 is out

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Dammit. cooliscool (and vEX) got me in the R8 release. Oh well... Second again :\
By the way... Did anyone say Shining Force III Scenario 1? :D

Last edited:
OP
flow``

flow``

flow``
i know.. i'm sitting in limbo now about what to do with my saturn stuff

i've got roughly 60 originals (all us region w/ case+manual), all US demos (Except xmas nights) and a few accessories. i've never downloaded a saturn iso.. go figure

but anyay, i'm not pressed for money. but thinking about selling them (Actually spent quite a while today taking pics of all the individual games for ebay)
i havent really lost interest, but college+job+reallife leaves little time for anything and i cant exactly move all my games into the dorm room when i leave in august :p

that and SSF requires sse2 (which my athlon xp lacks).

not to mention i've long forgot my login/pass to saturn shack and i havent talked to x2f4u in quite a long time since he designed the site and layout.. all i did was post and add content

*shrugs*

ssj4v

PsyMan said:
Yeap, afaik Nights is 100% playable in this realease. Shining Force still crashes though (was playable in R5, or R4 or even R1 I think).

Story Of Thor 2 and Virtual On are also playable and looking great...
If you want more speed you can deactivate sound anytime :D

Edit: When a game crashes or freezes when it boots or loads it might be due to a "bad" ISO+MP3 image. Saturn is very sensitive to this matter. In any case try to convert the MP3s to WAVEs and burn the image (ISO+WAVE) to a CD.

http://www.emutalk.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=26186&stc=1&d=1121478979
Just woundering what settings are you using to getting 'Story of Thor 2' to work (Cd or Iso mounted on what program? Bios? Region settings, game region, etc...), 'cuz I have the NTSC/USA version of the game and no matter what bios or region setting I put it just loads to the bios, and the only game I could run is 'Dracula X' which is a Jap game, so I thought this emulator only runs Jap game but I geuss you proved me wrong.

Could you please help me?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
From the options of the emulator set the Area Code to America or Europe and make sure that you choosed the correct Drive. If this doesn't help then tell me what message you get after the BIOS loads.