What's new

Unofficial Nemu64 FAQ

Kahenraz

I started this under the thread name Netplay Tips and when I tried renaming the thread, it didn't change.
I then made another thread, but wasn't paying attention and named it Unofficial Nemu 64. THIS TIME I GOT IT RIGHT :happy:
So, I'm starting it over AGAIN. The FAQ is pretty much Q and A. I'll update when appropriate.

Last Update: 7/07/03

Unofficial Nemu FAQ!

Q: I'm connected with a friend in the game and he can move fine, but when my direction controls affect his!

A: I worked on this one for hours. Binding unique controls on the keyB won't even work. The key is to use 1 or 2 game pads (for 2 players). This fixes the bug and allows the game to be playable.

Update: Updated input.dll!! Grab it (here)

Q: I'm using a gamepad and my friend is using a keyB, but my controls still affect his!

A: I scratched my head on this one for a while. The fix is to have the person with the keyB host the game. This should solve the problem.

Q: When I try and play Super Smash Brothers with my friend, my sound is all garbled!

A: I believe is a bug with the emu. To fix, both players must restart nemu after every SSB emulation. This includes offline play. I've found this bug to not be with just me, as it happend on two different machines with different hardware.

Q: Nemu crashes when I try to play a game I KNOW works! I've played it before on Nemu and it still works on other emus.

A: Ok, to fix this put both Nemu and the roms in directories with no spaces. What I did was put Nemu in my C:\, and my roms in a rom folder within Nemu's directory. So Nemu is located at (C:\Nemu08\), and the roms are located at (C:\Nemu08\Roms\)

Q: I'm trying to load Jabo's d3d 6 1.5 into Nemu, but it gives me an error when I start the emulator telling me that it cannot initialize.

A: Go into your PJ64 (or 1964) main directory and copy the file msvcr70.dll, into Nemu's main directory - NOT the plugin folder. (Thanks Trotterwatch!)

Q: When playing Super Smash Brothers, my hand the player coin dissapears when I move it. How do I fix this?

A: This is a bug with Jabo's DirectX 7. Try using his DirectX 6 1.5 or some other video plugin.

Q: My FPS is waay too high in-game. How do I slow it down!

A: Press scroll lock to enable speed sync. Even I learned something new ;) (Thanks to augias)

Unsolved:
Q: I was playing a game (OOT in my case) for a long period of time and my game + my whole system locked up. I can't unlock it!

-This has happend to me twice. The only way around is to reboot. I can only assume that it's a core related issue.

Unsolved:
Q: When I try and configure my controls with my gamepad, Nemu locks up after it says "Waiting for input..."

-This ones is really weird and has happend to me on two different machines with two different gamepads. Sometimes it's there, then other times it isn't. This isn't a fix and it may not work, but try rebooting.

Last edited:

Gorxon

Administrator
Ok, it's stuck....I felt it so informative that it was worth it....

If any of the board mods disagree please feel free to unstick it...

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
About that space thingy...

Tigger's Honey Hunt will crash if you launch it, close it and start it again. You'll need to restart Nemu between the times you launch this rom. Maybe there are other roms that have the same problem? Dunno which though.
But this could be a problem Kahenraz thought was due to space in the filenames.

OP
Kahenraz

Kahenraz

The spaces in the directory are odd in that I never needed to do it until after I formatted... it fixed the problem though.

It also fixed another peep's problem who I helped over e-mail. So this dosn't seem to be an isolated issue.

OP
Kahenraz

Kahenraz

Ha! I'll show all of you! *waves a spork menacingly*
Be-ho-eld!!!

You can no longer click here for a video demonstration

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Heh. Next time, don't include stuff such as moving and you could actully crop lots of fps in that (won't get so big ;) )

Lemmy

1) try using my graphics
2) do you get the same error if you run it in "c:\nemu 08" ?

cheers

OP
Kahenraz

Kahenraz

I though 640x480 would be a reasonable resolution. And a 1meg movie isn't that bad, even for a 56k. But understood that it could have been done in other ways.

I'll check it with your plugin lemmy and the directory C:\nemu 08 when I get home. I'll keep you all updated ;)

Lemmy

That video is down now.

Whats the complete pathname again? I think it was something pretty big.

What about file system permissions? Maybe something is set incorrectly here...

don't see much else....paste the complete path

OP
Kahenraz

Kahenraz

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\nemu08\

I'm on my Administrator account so there should be no problems with directory or file access.

Swilo

The link to the new input.dll is broken ):
I was hoping I could get it and maybe stop the "My gamepad input affects my friend's keyboard input" problem...

OP
Kahenraz

Kahenraz

Does it not fix your problem? I havent tried using the new plugin with two keyBs yet. Always been using my gamepads.

NightCrawler

Do I have to use a GamePad or can I use the keyboard? If so, how do I set it up to use the keyboard because its not working as is.