What's new

Unofficial Nemu64 FAQ

ssjsabin

hey i need some help if u can

my games have screwed up colours and most of the games are just black and white and i dont know what i can do to change it im kinda new at this so if u could help it would be a BIG help thanks :wolverine :gunman: :cowboy: :nemu: :nemu: :nemu: :nemu:

judeau

Ack, so I've been playing Ocarina of Time lately and I made it near the end. I have save states before every boss and one from right before I stopped playing yesterday. I haven't used the in-game save very often at all. But when I went to try to play today my newest saved state wasn't working. All my other ones loaded perfectly fine, but when I tried to load the one I needed to load it kept going as if I didn't try to load anything. Like I'll pause the emulator, hit load saved state, open the saved state I want to open, and hit unpause, but it just keeps playing where it was from before I paused it as if nothing happened :(. Is there anything I can do to fix my save, or am I screwed, and am going to have to go back a couple hours worth :(.

Knightcrawler

Here's a good question for the FAQ. Well, two:

1) Does Nemu64 support the N64 DD? And if not, will it ever?

2) Does Nemu64 support the GB adaptor? And if not, will it ever?

Wait, that's technically four questions...

olivieryuyu

Knightcrawler said:
Here's a good question for the FAQ. Well, two:

1) Does Nemu64 support the N64 DD? And if not, will it ever?

2) Does Nemu64 support the GB adaptor? And if not, will it ever?

Wait, that's technically four questions...

64dd: no roms=no support

GB adaptor=no

Nemu is now discontinued so it will never be finished now

Knightcrawler

Well, like 5 DD games did come out. But since the circulation was so limited, I guess it's easy to understand why there aren't any dumps of them.

And that's too bad, it seems like a great emulator so far (I downloaded it just now).

herman404

Getting playable ROM to work

Hi, I'm trying to run the Cruis'n World ROM on my nemu 0.8. All of the ini files
I've seen say the game is playable, but I've tried it with several different ROMs and it doesn't work. The error I get each time is:

Error: too many commands executed. Stopping dlist processing

And the game's audio then runs fine, but I don't see any video. I am running a P4 2GhZ with 512 MB RAM and a GeForce 440 Go graphics card. Everything has the latest drivers, and WinXP.

Any ideas? This is one of my favourite games from my younger days, so I really would like to get it to work.

taotd

Just downloaded Nemu64, and for some reason, I can't load any ROMs- I just get this message saying "This is most likley not an 64 Rom." Are N64 roms supposed to be a .7z file extention? I've already tried renaming them to .J64, .V64, and .Z64, but none of em work.... :(

Last edited:

bakon

Ocarina of Time Question

Hey guys,

I've been playing legend of zelda oot for a little while now, and so far the game has run pretty smoothly. I've come across a few texture problems in the past, like when I pushed the up c button in a building, and how link seems to be able to run through a few textures. Not the mention having two suns in the sky at once... but for the most part its been pretty good.

However, once I got into the Zora's domain, I realized that there was a bit more than a small problem with the game. The entire water texture that signifies the top of the water part of the game is completely an opaque aqua color. Underneath the texture, the water looks fine, but you can't see through it. I was wondering if any of you have any ideas to fix this problem. I downloaded Federelli's version of the ini file, but it didn't seem to make a difference. Any suggestions?

-update january 16

figured it out, don't worry about it. having a little trouble with the oot retexture pack though, can't get the rice video's plugin to let me change the textures - it says advanced options are not allowed or something like that.

Last edited:
I am playing WWF No Mercy and it is going pretty fast. I tried pressing Scroll Lock over and over to slow it down but it work come up with anything. Is there a certain point in time when I need to press it or is there a menu I can load up to edit it?

spotanjo3

Why bother for it ? It's dead or remain unactive. Use Project64 1.6 version or 1964 because they are still active and an excellent emus!

Clements

There are plenty of reasons to use Nemu64 over other emulators, for example, the faster speed, debugger, and geometry dumping functions.

chrisfile

Is there a way to play the .nmf video files that Nemu64 records from the game besides using Nemu64? Such as windows media player or something. Or is there a way to convert the .nmf video file to another format so that I can view it using something else? Thanks