What's new

Zelda Master Quest - all discussion here please

MushroomGuy2

wari, I'm curious, this post is off topic, but just wondering:

If you put the gfx render from Direct 3D to RGB, woul the RBG be what the game would (could) look like on the DS or GBA? Just wondering =\

brainn

zelda - keeps freezing at a point..

hey guys !
I'm encountering some problems w/ zelda at a certain point of the game.. to be more precise, in order to contiune my quest I have to switch from adult to kid status... but, when I try to do that the game freezes up, and p64 gives me an error message... but, since Im yet a newbie in this scene - I have no clue on how to proceed....
any ideas anybody ? or... is there a way to skip a certain temple ? or a cheat to transform you adult/kid .. ? I tried the one that comes w/ p64, but I cant make it work...
please, any help is apreciated !

thanku,
bbbb

p.s. ohyeah... im using, p64 1.5 w/ sp1 on an amd 3300 and a radeon 9600pro

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I've had these probs mostly while playing with a bad rom.
You should check your rom with GoodN64 and see if it's a bad rom, if it's in this way, then download a bad2good patch and apply it, then it should work!

Extreme184X

Zelda:Da Most Important Period
Found a bug with "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) (PAL60)(Subscreen)(Crashfix)" patch:

I applied this patch to the goodrom "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [!]" and "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f1] (NTSC)" and see this bug in both rom files:

Right in the beginning, in the intro, the entrance gate does not come down, but zelda still escapes with the horse and just go thru the closed gate like a ghost.

Before i applied the patch I converted both roms from z64 to v64(byteswapped rom) just like the readme file says. I didn't the RDB file like it says in the read file, don't think it has anything to do with this bug. Has anyone else experienced this bug? or do i need to configure something in video plugin.

Extreme184X

No doesn't affect gameplay at all, game still continues during that intro. I'm still testing this patch, I just thought that I should report it.

xamenus

Extreme184X said:
No doesn't affect gameplay at all, game still continues during that intro. I'm still testing this patch, I just thought that I should report it.
Does it work okay in the [!] version?

This problem could be normal since your copy is not a valid dump.

Extreme184X

Yes I did tested the patch" Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) (PAL60)(Subscreen)(Crashfix).ips" on "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [!]" which is a good dump and "Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f1] (NTSC)" which is a bad dump and they both encountered this bug.

I don't think it's a good or bad dump thing, just a bug with the patch

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
Caesius said:
Master Quest is what? like a harder OoT?
Sorta. All dungeons has been remade and a couple of other non-trivial things. Some dungeons are harder, some are easier. Though I think the last dungeon is much harder than before.

xamenus

Extreme184X said:
Yes I did tested the patch" Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) (PAL60)(Subscreen)(Crashfix).ips" on "Legend of Zelda, The - Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [!]" which is a good dump and "Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time - Master Quest (E) [f1] (NTSC)" which is a bad dump and they both encountered this bug.

I don't think it's a good or bad dump thing, just a bug with the patch
I meant does the [!] dump work fine without the patch? If so, then it is likely a problem with the patch, which will cause problems on the real N64 as well. This would mean that it is not PJ64's fault.

Plus, instead of using a patch, use the cheat to fix the subscreen delay instead.

Last edited:

Ryo Saeba

The Sinner Within Me ~
Hi,
Anyone can give me an advice?
I've an AMD Ahtlon 64 3000+, 512 MB RAM DDR, Radeon 9200 SE... what are the best plugins about Zelda:OoT for my PC? Oh, and my OS is WinXP.

Thanks for all :)

longinus

hi

i have a problem when i press start to go to the submenu
everytime i press start it takes a really long time for the menu to pop up,

but when it does come up the background is not what it should be, it takes a picture of some shop or place i was before,

for example if i were to go into the weapons shop in kakariko village and go out into hyrule field and press the start button,
the menu's background would be that of the weapons shop in kakariko village, not where link is currently at in hyrule field

I have Rice's Video plugin, and my video card is radeon 9700 pro

-this problem is reallly bugging me right now, because i am in the water temple

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Please can you use the search?
You only have to enable the subscreen delay fix cheat, that's all!

Raiden1803

hello, Iv been having this problem in V1.1 of OoT Also, Their seems to be some menu graphics corruption in the select item/equipment menu

EDIT

Also, I forgot to mention this. iv been having some problems mapping joystick buttons. im able to map POV Up to the C-Up button, but during gameplay it usualy takes it awhile to detect that im pressing up. this isnt just OoT thats doing this, its almost any game :plain:

Last edited: