What's new

N64 Emulation under Win NT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bene

:cry: Hallo my Problem is to get N64 Roms played under Win NT. I´ve a lot of roms and i´ve tested them with Ultrahle and PJ64 under Win XP, 2000 and 98 by my friends, but at home I´m using NT. The only way to play some of them is Ultrahle, but there are not all lot supported.
So I want to know if its possible to get other emus like PJ64 to run.

My system: Amd Athlon 600 Mhz, Ati Rage 128 32 MB, 128 MB Ram and the fucking Win NT

I´m waiting for your help

N64 Freak

Email: [email protected]

Stezo2k

S-2K
why not just install a better OS? NT is really crap for any gaming at all, get 98 or ME, but if you want gr8 gaming and a fast operating system get win 2K, that will be the best for your system, if it was a ghz or more, i'd recomend XP though

Stezo2k said:
why not just install a better OS? NT is really crap for any gaming at all, get 98 or ME.
ME is never recommended! It's slow and the same as 98. I'd recommend XP or 98. 2K isn't a bad choice too, but 98 and XP are the ones I generally recommend.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
Windows NT doesn't properly support any DirectX version past 3.

Try to use video plugins that use OpenGL, and input plugins that don't use DirectInput (can't think which ones don't offhand)...

Kaoss626

Tag... I agree.... NT4 is done at directx3

and to the best of my knowledge Glide never supported NT4

openGL is the only bet for graphics

mucho reading would have to be done on the sound and input sections if they use direct input or direct soune greater than 3.0 no dice. Something should work though.

otherwise

Zilmar nosound plugin
and
basic keyboard plugin

will be the most likely working combo

but IMHO get 2000 or XPpro... anything 9x is crap

Mightyrocket... its just a bit disturbing to see my IP in the forums... even if people will only see their own IP. You got my OS right but the browser wrong. I'm running opera and having it pretend to be IE6 (which works rather well except that opera only supports 75% or so of Java script)

CanSee

Depressive freak
mightyrocket said:
ME is never recommended! It's slow and the same as 98. I'd recommend XP or 98. 2K isn't a bad choice too, but 98 and XP are the ones I generally recommend.

Hmm, I find althoug WinME is slower, it's more stabile on my system than any Win98 version (it's only in details, but still), and my modem is faster, too, but that must be subjective then, and depending on the hardware.

nephalim

Psychic Vampire
Bene said:
Ati Rage 128 32 MB

The only GFX Plugins that work with THAT little bugger are Jabo's(borderline, depends on version, validate blending is necessary,) and Glide64 3.1 + eVoodoo. Good luck.

Dark Watcher

Hmm

The only people that we know of that are trying to emulate on a WIN NT system is someone trying to play on a work based computer...hehe

We know because we do it.

Anyways...there is small hope if you take the time to look. Go to any search engine and look up the unauthorized version of DirectX 5.0 for NT...trust us on this one....You will get limited DirectInput fuctions..enough to get some N64 emulators and plugins working.....then it's all a matter of finding plugins that don't require DX 7.0 and up..

good luck

Kahenraz

Nooo!! DIEE WINDOWS ME!!! Such a sorry excuse for an operating system!! 98 is recommended for systems that cannot support 2k pro. But I would go 2k all the way. I'm anti-XP myself. Not to mention the security gap about this big *spreads arms as far as possible*

2k is stable, supported, and extremely well optimized. I use 2k on my main machines and server. Definately recommended. :flowers:

Stezo2k

S-2K
Kahenraz said:
Nooo!! DIEE WINDOWS ME!!! Such a sorry excuse for an operating system!! 98 is recommended for systems that cannot support 2k pro. But I would go 2k all the way. I'm anti-XP myself. Not to mention the security gap about this big *spreads arms as far as possible*

2k is stable, supported, and extremely well optimized. I use 2k on my main machines and server. Definately recommended. :flowers:

Windows ME isnt that much diff to 98, XP has a security gap yeah, but so do many of the Win operating systems (even 2k)

Turn off the visual effects in XP, and you will get a slightly faster OS, which is nearly equal to win2k, even looks it, XP is better for gaming tho.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Yep, I assume when you say "Windows NT", you mean Windows NT 4.0.

Windows NT 4.0 is probably only good with Open GL.

Tagrineth is right, Windows NT 4.0 don't support any DirectX version later
than DirectX 3, thus Windows NT 4.0 will lose some points.

Status
Not open for further replies.