What's new

Mario Kart: Double Dash (Now with video)

Jaz

Ex-Mod
Mario Kart to Support LAN Gameplay

Maybe there is hope yet for the little purple one..

"According to unconfirmed reports, Mario Kart GC will support LAN play on Nintendo GameCube - allowing for up to eight players to compete simultaneously on two connected consoles. It's not known whether LAN support will be facilitated by the GameCube Broadband Adapter or via the long-rumored GameCube wireless connectivity device that Nintendo may be set to unveil at the Electronic Entertainment Expo in May."

blizz

"In other unconfirmed reports Jaz will post topics under the right heading in future. This will save blizz the effort of asking other moderators to do Jaz's job for him."

although maybe we should integrate all of Jaz's GC posts into a collective "Jaz's bashes the GC he just bought it even though he knew didn't really like most of the games on it."

although you could do that for me and the X-Box :D

OP
Jaz

Jaz

Ex-Mod
blizz said:
"In other unconfirmed reports Jaz will post topics under the right heading in future. This will save blizz the effort of asking other moderators to do Jaz's job for him."

Suck it. :doh:

jvolel

Destoryer of worlds
MAn the hell with lan play let it support netplay!!! omg am really loosing faith in nintendo now. I used to be a die hard fan but now ahhh the hell with it!...... I mean who the hell has 2 tvs and 2 gc's to play lan play all the freakin time!!!! @#$%ing dumb@$$ company!

blizz

jvolel said:
MAn the hell with lan play let it support netplay!!! omg am really loosing faith in nintendo now. I used to be a die hard fan but now ahhh the hell with it!...... I mean who the hell has 2 tvs and 2 gc's to play lan play all the freakin time!!!! @#$%ing dumb@$$ company!

Students!! who were the main users of goldeneye when it came out (ah memories ;) )

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
jvolel said:

Well, half the point to the GameCube's design was so it would be portable (handle, anyone?).

And MANY people have two TV's in their homes, just not necessarily in the same room. And if MKGC's networking is wireless, that should be irrelevant. :)

Vchat20

Anyone remember the additional LCD screen for it? add that and the additional battery pack and you can play it just about anywhere just like the GBA. :)

Clements

I'd be up for that, that's for sure. Just imagine, 8-player GC Mario Kart! Utter heaven in my opinion. Now I just need 7 chumps to con into playing me :happy:

Vchat20

btw, does anyone know the latest prices of the LCD screen or battery? cuz I think I have convinced my mom into a GC and if I can kiss @$$ enough I might just be able to get the screen and battery.

Davemc

Dave
Yeah, nice one, no more loser goes off. ;)
What they should include is that when you pre-order you should get a bonus disc including the Snes and N64 versions. And a cheese & tomato pizza.

Gorxon

Administrator
Well, if they integrate LAN play you can be 100% sure that GameSpy or some coder will make a PC app that connects thru intenet...and voila, inet play. YOuj just connect your GC thru your PC's inet or something, i'm sure it's doable and wil be done...:holiday:

Davemc

Dave
MMMMM, They should of stuck to karts. Now it's more of a Wackey Races rip-off.

They need to have a single character mode too. Double should be an option.

Last edited:

Plisco

Sevillian
I think I am going to wait until ppl have played and previewed it before I comment on it. However I think I would have preferred karts with more characters...

Davemc

Dave
I dont see how it is going to be Mario Kart in its best form when you are driving huge carriages instead of small streamline carts. It's gonna play completely different I think, and lose the special Mario Kart feel.

Clements

They can race on filing cabinets for all I care! The new carts are much better IMO and show more of the GC's power than boring identical carts for each player. It looks great! Already you can see loads more characters, 16 at least according to the article, two per cart in the screenshot shown. Its bound to play excellently like every other game in the series.

Plisco

Sevillian
Clements said:
They can race on filing cabinets for all I care! The new carts are much better IMO and show more of the GC's power than boring identical carts for each player. It looks great! Already you can see loads more characters, 16 at least according to the article, two per cart in the screenshot shown. Its bound to play excellently like every other game in the series.

I am not dissmissing the idea but would you not have prefered to have 16 characters in 16 different vehicles at the same time?