What's new

More site news!

Martin

Administrator
Due to the lack of news today, I decided to protest and do a complete make-over of the site. I've just finished updating/re-writing pretty much the whole site, and the main changes are:

- A completely new <a href="http://www.emulation64.com/emulators.php">emulator page</a> system (and info on two new emulators).
- <a href="http://www.emulation64.com/screenshots.php">Screenshots</a> for all N64 emulators we have emulator pages for (more than 150 screenshots in total, all with thumbnails).

Please give me feedback of what could be changed/improved/added, it's appreciated. Guides of how to setup the emulator? On-site comments system (guest postings allowed?)? Let me know in the comments thread please! :)

GuestX

Good work Martin :)

some things I just noted: In the screenshots, I can see the Window of the emu so far in every emu, but not in UltraHLE
Alpha.

And in Nemu: Nemu64 was written in Delphi, but the latest
Version is 100% in C or C++.

Good work, really :)

The Screenshots are looking very good, and they are loading
very fast.

:emutalk:

1964.NET.. whats that???? did i miss something?/

btw the screenshot are cool but if they had names of games and version that would be usefull.. i meant.. i way of sorting..:)

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
DiaBlo6662 said:
1964.NET.. whats that???? did i miss something?/

btw the screenshot are cool but if they had names of games and version that would be usefull.. i meant.. i way of sorting..:)

Some old screenshots Rice posted here a while ago. :) Good point about the names of the screenshots and I thought of that, but it would have taken way to long to sort. It's on my todo list though :p

Remote

It's a simple mistake, which could have been made by any of us so we shouldn't start poiting fingers... And since you brought this up I'm sure Martin will fix it when he sees it and / or when he has time... :D

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
mightyrocket said:
I don't think Schibo is happy with this:

Thanks, I used the 1964 one as templates so there could be more similar errors. Imagine staring at a computer screen for 10 hours in a row creating, testing and securing php code, converting old content and updating it, and last but not least, all the screenshots. :)

I haven't received any direct suggestions of what could be added. Anyone?

Suggestion: add project64k to the emulators. Found another bug (it's clear now since I know that you used the 1964 as template). When you view screenshots of another emulator, they have effect on the view-count of 1964.

Remote

A timeline with breakthroughs, who made what when?:satisfied Other than that it looks pretty solid, perhaps a online compat db per emu but that would require a lot of testing...

Off topic, Since I'm unemployed atm I could give you a hand with the screenshot pages, I can probaly start around tuesday or wednesday... :D

OP
Martin

Martin

Administrator
mightyrocket said:
Suggestion: add project64k to the emulators. Found another bug (it's clear now since I know that you used the 1964 as template). When you view screenshots of another emulator, they have effect on the view-count of 1964.

Cheers. :)

Actually, I forgot to include the code that counts the views, but it should be working now. :p

Remote and mightyrocket: You are both most welcome to create some screenshots, that would be awesome! If you would, zip them up and attach them to this thread and be sure to include what emulator it is. Thanks! :flowers:

GuestX

Martin: When I go to 'UltraHLE'->'Screenshots', I see the
screenshots of UltraHLE 2064, not UltraHLE (normal) :geek:

GuestX

But Screenshots are sorted wrong:
And you wrote '1964 Screenshots'. I'd write
just '1964', because the title is Screenshots already.