What's new

TR64 Ogl v0.8.5 problem

ShinAkuma

I'll start off saying the TR64 ogl plugin is great, as it works well and I use it alot. However, the move from the 0.8.4 to 0.8.5 has presented a problem- it crashes with Majora's Mask, which worked before with 0.8.4 (and still does when I use that version). While using TR64, the emulator straight up crashes, but using Project 64 gives me this error message before crashing:

Unknown x86 opcode 0
loc: 198C505C
fhfgh2

I also just tried the plugin with Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, only to recieve the same problem and message that I put up above. As for what could be the problem, I don't know. I mean, I upgraded from Direct X 8 to 9 in between the two releases, but that's obviously a non-issue here, considering this IS OpenGL.

This might be something related: the new version of Rice's Daedalus 4.6.0 does the same thing to me with Majora's Mask. I see Rice helped on the last TR64 ogl release, so maybe something he did got mixed up in this release when he helped.

This is all the information I can give you, and I hope it can help you fix the problem if there is infact one.

By the way, is there any chance for zip support in TR64 anytime soon? It's the one ffeature most every emulator has, and it'd be real nice to have.

Last edited:

karth95

Lord of the Cats
the fact that it happens with rice's too just SCREAMS openGL driver issues. Try reinstalling, updating, or if you have to, uninstall/reinstall of your video drivers. The directX install can sometimes overwrite important things....

OP
S

ShinAkuma

The crash occurs while i'm just walking around Clock Town in MM. As for PD and GE 007, I have to go in to a level.

I'll try the suggestion about reinstalling my video drivers, and get back to you on if that solves the problem.

Last edited:
OP
S

ShinAkuma

Well i've tried just about every damned thing i can think of:

Deleting registry keys for the emulators, reinstalling the emulators and plugins, putting the emulators and plugins into a whole new directory, and the video card driver reinstalls, all resulting in the same problem mentioned above. I don't know what the heck the problem could be. All I know is TR64 Open GL 0.8.4 and Daedaulus 4.5.0 still work for me even now, and TR64 Open GL 0.8.5 and Daedaulus 4.6.0 crash.

My card is an ATI Xpert 128 card (which uses the same drivers as the Rage 128)- perhaps that might help. I know it's a bit old, but it does what it's supposed to for me, and as much as i'd like a new pc with a better video card, I'm stuck with what I got.