What's new

compatibility list in PJ64???

Status
Not open for further replies.

cablecity

Hello from Greece
I have to do a comment, (maybe this is more a question…), especially to the authors of the PJ64.

The PJ 64, is an OPEN SOURCE project, right?
It uses plugins, which are an OPEN SOURCE project with standard specifications, OK?

This means, that, everyone has the knowledge (and the time…), he could try to make a working plugin.

Every user of the PJ 64, he could run the PJ 64 with the plugin of his choice.

BUT…!!!!!

If he do something like this, he cant trust the main information window of the PJ64.

Why?
Because the main window of the PJ64, shows information of compatibility ONLY for the Jabo plugin!!

If a user use another plugin, the compatibility is completely wrong!!

And yes, the most of then is not so good like Jabo’s, but in some games it works just fine!!

Can this fix with an update of PJ64 or with an update of plugins specifications?

My propose is this:

Every author of plugin (grafix plugin), with every binary of his soft, to post and a file to use in PJ64 to show the game compatibility of his work.

What do you think?
CaBLeCiTy, GReeCe!!!!

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
This idea has already been made, but no one participates in it.
It's under general n64 emulation named "Game Settings" i think...

Dr@mer

Sex And Drugs And Rock 'n Roll
cablecity said:
Hello from Greece
I have to do a comment, (maybe this is more a question…), especially to the authors of the PJ64.

The PJ 64, is an OPEN SOURCE project, right?
It uses plugins, which are an OPEN SOURCE project with standard specifications, OK?

This means, that, everyone has the knowledge (and the time…), he could try to make a working plugin.

Every user of the PJ 64, he could run the PJ 64 with the plugin of his choice.

BUT…!!!!!

If he do something like this, he cant trust the main information window of the PJ64.

Why?
Because the main window of the PJ64, shows information of compatibility ONLY for the Jabo plugin!!

If a user use another plugin, the compatibility is completely wrong!!

And yes, the most of then is not so good like Jabo’s, but in some games it works just fine!!

Can this fix with an update of PJ64 or with an update of plugins specifications?

My propose is this:

Every author of plugin (grafix plugin), with every binary of his soft, to post and a file to use in PJ64 to show the game compatibility of his work.

What do you think?
CaBLeCiTy, GReeCe!!!!

Hey Men finally a greek :happy:
I am also a Greek Cablecity
I am from Serres
èá ôá ëÝìå óõ÷íÜ åäþ áí ìðáßíåéò ìåôÜ ôéò 10.
OK? :phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.