What's new

Rampart oddity in 0.5 beta 2 (but not earlier ver)

illuzion30

First of all, this problem does not show up in Jnes 0.26c, but I recently downloaded 0.5 beta 2 to see if I could get some other roms working (M.U.L.E. works great now!). But I went to go play Rampart afterwards and found the strangest thing a few seconds into play:

Most of the time when you select a castle, the first walls that come up do not surround the castle and you auto-lose for having an incomplete castle wall. It often does this 3 times in a row so that actual gameplay is basically impossible. Once in a while it will make the walls correctly, but more often than not, it doesn't.

I redownloaded the rom first and after no change, I decided to fire up 0.26c since I remember playing it on there just fine, and sure enough, it works just fine in 0.26c. BTW this is only with the USA version... the vastly different japanese version works fine on both emus.

And uh, should it matter, I'm using a TM5800 933MHz based system with a Radeon Mobility-M 8M vid card.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
I don't particularly have anything to say about that, other than I can check it out soon and get back to you.

A small note as well that 0.50 final is out, you might want to try that .. its on the downloads thread

OP
I

illuzion30

hmm...

No change in the final ver...

If you have an archive spanning back to 0.26c, I would be willing to try them and find out where the problem showed up, tho...

And it's no big deal to me, since I can just use 0.26c, just thot you might want to fix it to make jnes better... if not and you want me to, i'll cease and desist...

smegforbrain

Hrm. I just did some testing of Rampart in v.50 final, and I noticed a problem as well. However, it did not occur with ALL the possible castle placements you can choose.

I just can't see how this is a flaw with JNes though, as the emulator shouldn't affect the rom or anything that would cause it to screw up in this manner.

OP
I

illuzion30

Well...

I wouldn't have came here and posted about it had it not worked with an older version as well. I figured there might be something simple that can be done to fix it on the software side.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
ok boys i just checked it out, definitely a weird bug, if i find anything out i'll let you know