I have made an update to the RDB (silly mistakes):

Code:
1.4.02 25th December 2001
	fixed Perfect Dark saving
	fixed Zelda 1&2 PAL resolution and stability

1.4.01 24th December 2001
	released with Project64 1.4

See that link in About has a purpose :p

I reserve the right to the "official" name and version numbering on Project64.rdb (not out of egotism but some sort of quality assurance for end users). I may also update the Project64.chm just because I don't like leaving things incomplete and w/ typos :p... I don't know if it's really helpful to people.

It's sad to see the team dismantled... not sure how to say this without sounding cheesy but sometimes in life the right people come together at the right time and what you get is more than the sum of the parts... I believe this is what happened with Project64. And I'm talking about everyone... Eagle and Gentlemen didn't just make a cheat file, they made a great cheat file.. N-Rage didn't just make an input plugin, he made a great input plugin. Credit to Zilmar for his instincts there. And I may have acted sometimes like I hated everyone here but just looking at other forums makes you appreciate this one. Umm that managed to sound kind of insulting too :) There are people I would like to thank like fizban who disappeared since v1.0. And sorry I didn't spend more time talking to people like Nrage, Eagle, Gent, bodie.

I have at the moment no further interest in an active part in the development of Project64 or any other emulator... there are people with talent out there but for me it wouldnt be the same without Zilmar and Jabo, I got so used to their way of working, we had our own little language of abbreviations on ICQ :p I also found Jabo and I have almost the same sense of humour, which certainly helped keep things together, and made difficult times even fun... with Zilmar I found trying to be funny mostly resulted in misunderstandings, so sorry about those Zil, wouldn't have blamed you for telling me to go f__k myself a few times, which amazingly you never really did.

I will try to clean up the Issues page etc before I go (on holiday, and maybe really go... not sure yet whether the site will stay up when I get back) so users are left with a picture of where things are, and maybe developers out there have some idea where to go next... I don't really know what Zilmar would have planned next, but there's no law saying you have to take it the same way anyway.

I'm happy with the way Project64 has turned out, don't regret the time spent on it at all (and it's a lot of time too, like hours a day for 8 months, youd be forgiven for asking where it went, or maybe you can see, I don't know).

I hope people will:

read my docs a bit
help each other out
not rip off the source
have lots of fun playing games on Project64
remember how much work went into it and the ground that was broken
give other projects all the support you can now

OP
Smiff

Smiff

Emutalk Member
Zilmar if you're reading this, thanks for the thanks. All I did mostly was point stuff out, you're the one who did it. But yeah, good team... you need a a pointy person and a do-y person... like Tonto and the Lone Ranger. Or something.

Renegade

Wearer of Army Boots
I don't believe it...pj64 ends and even Smiff is considering leaving the scene...what is the emulation scene coming to...:plain:

Yea,but whaat an end!The most glorius ever in emulation scene.
Congratulations to all of you,Zilmar-Jabo-Smiff and thanks for the
flight!It was the greatest flight ever!

Method Man

Hadoken!
I can't beleive this is happening...sniff...sniff. The N64 emulation scene won't be the same without you guys but its life. Thank you Zilmar, Jabo, Smiff, and whoever else supported PJ for the great Christmas gift you gave us.:pj64:

sk8bloke22

roll for life
kept me up with at least 12 hrs last nite. didnt even go down for christmas dinner, i was too busy playing perfect dark. hey thanks a lot Z & J, and smiff, u helped ppl loads. hopefully u guys will stay around in emutalk, no smiff = no humour . and wat will poor old memorex do, he'll hav no one to h8, we cant hav that ;) . seriously, everyone who is quitting, try and return for a quick post on emutalk - not for help, theres enuff ppl here who can help newbies.

good luck zilmar, jabo and smiff in wateva u guys do; im sure Z & J will become rich programmers, and smiff will become...err.....i dunno a mechanic or somethng (only joking old smiffy :colgate: ). anyways thanks for everything, and that to everyone involved.

N-Rage

anotha one bites the dust...

itll be a tough task to find a tortureable & endurable & patient Tester like you ( or rather one that likes tortures :) ).
Ppl often dont realise how much work it is to do a great documentation, or how difficult bug-hunting can be.

Have a nice holiday... and dont eat yellow snow.
( I dont wish u farewell until u are sure to leave ;) )

archlyn

So long guys....

This is the first time I've ever had one of my major emulators (or rather the coders and maintainers behind them) decide to pack up and quit (I'm sorry if I sound vindictive, I'm not trying to be)

Ah well... it's still one of the best and will always be so. Jabo, Smiff, Zilmar, and to all of the loyal beta testers out there.. you left PJ64 in such a way that it will be (to me) one of those emus you just keep going back to... ya know.. like uhle was for a long time... I dunno by PJ64 ended my dependence on uHLE.

Anyway guys, best of luck always, the scene has lost quite a bit in your abilities, it will never be the same.

:pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64: :pj64:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
I, too, must congratulate Zilmar & Jabo for such a great emulator.
You made a great work. It's sad it would quit like this....
But at least, the emulator wasn't bad! :D

Best of luck to you both, and merry christmas!

Zero

Liar Liar Pants On Fire!
I, also :), must congratulate Zilmar & Jabo for such a great emulator. You did a great job. And I would also want to thank Smiff for all his support. Best of luck to you , and merry christmas ! :xmas:

Glurak

Uh... yeah thanks for the great emu and all and good luck with your real life ;) mhhh this sounds crappy :D

phew dunno what to say :D

argh imagine I said trhe usual stuff ;)

Acorn

GL to everyone! Its been fun watching this scene grow, over the years.

If we kind of feel like all N64 emulation is at an end right now, maybe that will change soon :)

Great job and best of luck to Sniff, Jakob and the other one, as well as the many others who made pj64 possible.

Eddy

I Run This
Well i too, wish all the contributors of pj64 a very happy holiday, and above all, the two main coders, jabo and zilmar. Even though i did not get along with smiff, and his jokes where kind of corny, i can respect him for all hes done for pj and the n64 emu community. Dont be so sad people, 1964 is a really good emu, you have to try it, its fast, sometimes faster than pj, and real compatible. The only main main problem is the gfx core. Well those are my last words on this topic, jabo, zil, n smiff, eagle, gent, all that was good, and thanks again.

dave_luther

Dangerous Dave
yep, fiz, raduser, smiff, davie, robbo, eagle, bodie in the old forum. things will never be the same. Pj 1.4 rox , iss 2000 is fully working now, thanx for such a great , the greatest ever emu.

Last edited:

Ogy

3Dfx Fanatic.
There are people I would like to thank like fizban who disappeared since v1.0.

yep, fiz, raduser, smiff, davie, robbo, eagle, bodie in the old forum

sorry i disappeared, but it's really great to know you guys remember me.

and on a different note, thanks for everything smiff have a nice holiday

p.s. (Douglas Adams fan too)

Ogy aka Fizban