What's new

mupen64 (linux) documentation

killthegene

One Kool dude
hacktarux has givenme his permission to make an "offical" Mupen64 (linux) users guide. if anyone has any suggestions as to whatkind of thing should go in it then please post them on this thread.

also i would like to find some body to do a fancy graphic for the front page (preferably in png format) the guide will probbaly be written in html.

Slougi

killthegene said:
hacktarux has givenme his permission to make an "offical" Mupen64 (linux) users guide. if anyone has any suggestions as to whatkind of thing should go in it then please post them on this thread.

also i would like to find some body to do a fancy graphic for the front page (preferably in png format) the guide will probbaly be written in html.
I have previously also promised something similar to blight. I can do some part if you want. :)

OP
killthegene

killthegene

One Kool dude
whati will be writing will mostly be non-technical. basicly an elongated tutorial. but it would be niuce to have a whats emulated/whats not (n64 hardware not roms) and other such statistics if you could provide them.

blight

seems like you don't know what you are trying to write documentation for...
1) the uhle audio plugin works well (only for games which were supported by uhle, of course) - it's just that mupen is so slow that the audio plugin doesn't get enough time to do it's stuff
2) my input plugin supports ANY joystick which is supported by SDL - if you joystick doesn't work your system configuration is wrong because SDL doesn't support individual joysticks but just types of input devices (/dev/js*, HID, ---)

n00b!

OP
killthegene

killthegene

One Kool dude
i apologise blight: its just my joypad works with zsnes but not with your plugin.

and ive never quite got the audio plugin woring

blight

killthegene said:
i apologise blight: its just my joypad works with zsnes but not with your plugin.

and ive never quite got the audio plugin woring

why do you always talk about zsnes? if your joypad worked with any SDL app it did using my plugin so stfu!

Hacktarux

Emulator Developer
afaik zsnes is also using SDL for input... But it's also hard to understand what's wrong when someone only say it doesn't work...

Slougi

blight, stay cool :) No reason to get angry afaics. Just a user contributing some documentation, and having problems with your plugin. The effort should be appreciated, many many more people do nothing at all.

blight

Slougi said:
blight, stay cool :) No reason to get angry afaics. Just a user contributing some documentation, and having problems with your plugin. The effort should be appreciated, many many more people do nothing at all.

hey i'm cool man you just be cool :D

Nemo

Master Sporksman
Just a suggestion on the two making the user's guides...

Keep in mind what someone wants who double clicks an html file for help in contrast with what someone wants when the open up a console and types "Man Mupen64".

I.E.
HTML: "Introduction: My name is Jim, this is an emul...."
man: "Command-line Arguments: -a -b -c -xcvsgd -d"
etc.