What's new

Rumble troubles

Kaoss626

I know I'm a newb but here goes

here is the rig
Celeron II 600 @ 927 :D
Asus P2BF
256 Meg PC 100 Cas 3
ATI Radeon 7000 @ 184 (slightly slower than recomended, but it gets the job done)
Windows 2000 SP3
Project 64 1.5
Jabo sound 1.5, but that may change
Jabo D3D 1.5
Nrage 1.8 V2 controler plugin
2x Xbox controlers moded to use USB
XCtrl XBox/USB drivers most recent revision, and recent Reg patch installed

I would use Jabo's controler plugin, but it does not seem to support the rumble for my game pads, so I'm using the Nrage one.

If I have 1 controler plugged (ID #1 in windows) the everything works fine and rumble works fine.I know I have the RAW settings right because it does work for one controller.

Here is where the troubles start. If I plug the second controler (ID #2 in windows) in the plugin, rumble works fine in the plugin for the first controler, but when testing rumble on the second controler, P64 crashes intantaneously. Normally I get rumble on button release or continuous rumble if I double tap and hold the button the second time. If I dont test the controller rumble, but go straight to a rumble enabled game, neither contoler rumbles, but I don't crash either.

also if I unplug a controler and start P64, it looses its controler settings, is there a way to keep these settings so that I can take one controler to another computer and use it there and my son can keep using P64 and when I wish to play with him with 2 controllers it can be just like the console and I can plug in the second controler reset the emulator and all is good?

Please help, I want my rumble to work in 2 player and I want to be able to plug and unplug with out loosing my settings, so my kid doesn't have to mess with the settings, he can just play.

maybe its a RAW setting but I just don't know, I'm at a loss.

thanks

Kaoss

OP
Kaoss626

Kaoss626

oops I left some stuff out

DirectX 9
ATI Catalyst drivers Ver. 6.14.1.6292
SB AWE 64

the XCtrl driver is version 1.0.1

I think thats everything, hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

and I cant resist, I love homestarrunner :homestar: but where is StrongBad..... he rocks

OP
Kaoss626

Kaoss626

oh the difference updates make.....

updating from Nrage 1.80 to Nrage 1.82 and troubles solved

:strongbad:

Hade

Kaoss626, please, can you tell me where did you get XCtrl 1.0.1?
I tryed to find it in www.codeunderground.com but it doesn't load, the page doesn't exist. would you send me in a e-mail the zip that contains the Xbox Controller Driver (XCtrl 1.0.1)?

OP
Kaoss626

Kaoss626

I could send you the xctrl driver by email but I'd stronly suggest that you try the XBCD drive. I'ts rumble features support ones that Xctrl never did and never will. Also it's significantly more flexable in it's configuration. Biggest plus, it's coder is still working on making improvements, codeunderground..... defunct, zip, zero, nada. Only downside to XBCD is no analog buttons (analog sticks and triggers are just fine). The author used to support them and may put it in the driver again when there is software for the PC that uses them.

Get the latest version of xbcd here.
http://phaseone.sytes.net/

Last edited: