What's new

texture artist needed!

E

emuguy

hi, im looking for a texture artist to work with me on a project. i need someone that can recreate textures from n64 games and nake them look realistic but still keep the same style shape color etc.......

the games i need textures remaking for are perfect dark and goldeneye. anyone that would like to join me please post here. i could use more than 1 texture artist too:D

Malcolm

Not a Moderator
Why not just use that plugin that can dump textures (TR64 I believe)?

If you wamt to go with original work however I could help ya out with my not-so-1337 photoshop skills ;)

OP
E

emuguy

you can certainly have a go matey:D

i suppose we could dump the textures, but even if we did they will still only be used as references to work with in photoshop. u see we aim to make the textures way more detailed but still look like the origionals. so you could have a try if you want. to start off can you plz start remaking some textures from felicety from perfect dark? and we can try them out and see if we can use them. thanx for your reply

OP
E

emuguy

its not for the rom:p

it is a mod we are working on for ut2003. everything in perfect dark is going in, as well as best bits of goldeneye and thats why we need textures remaking. so they will be detailed enough to fit nicely with the ut2k3 engine.
oh and please can somone explain how i go aout dumping textures?

thanx!

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
You definitely don't want to dump rom textures then. While it may seem harmless, it will probably catch some bitching from the copyright owner. N64 game textures are extremely low resolution anyways, they would look very muddy in any modern game engine. I would just create your own higher resolution ones based on how those ones look.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
AlphaWolf said:
You definitely don't want to dump rom textures then. While it may seem harmless, it will probably catch some bitching from the copyright owner. N64 game textures are extremely low resolution anyways, they would look very muddy in any modern game engine. I would just create your own higher resolution ones based on how those ones look.

:getlost:

Were you even paying attention?

i suppose we could dump the textures, but even if we did they will still only be used as references to work with in photoshop. u see we aim to make the textures way more detailed but still look like the origionals. so you could have a try if you want. to start off can you plz start remaking some textures from felicety from perfect dark? and we can try them out and see if we can use them. thanx for your reply

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
I ripped some Perfect Dark textures.... one problem is that when you rip textures, you also get a lot of messed up ones. And also other things you don't need like fonts and stuff like that. I removed a lot of these textures but I'm too lazy to remove all :p

Anyway, you'll have to search to find the right ones.. I recommend you to set the file listing view to Thumbnails.

OP
E

emuguy

wierd....

Harteex, thanx for posting up the textures:). one problem tho, the page keeps locking up when i click the link for osme reason:S. i dont suppose u have anywhere else u could post em? thanx

P.S....we can use all of the origional textures without any editing if we really wanted to. all thanx to rareware granting us permission to do so:p. but we are still gonna remake em anyway. like u say they will look muddy and not fit with a modern game engine.

Tagrineth

Dragony thingy
emuguy said:
P.S....we can use all of the origional textures without any editing if we really wanted to. all thanx to rareware granting us permission to do so:p. but we are still gonna remake em anyway. like u say they will look muddy and not fit with a modern game engine.

Make 'original-size textures' a mutator or something!

/me giggles

BTW, that's awesome that Rare gave permission ^_^

OP
E

emuguy

Harteex

thanx a lot:D. however that cant even be a small percentage of the textures in game right?

also could u tell me how you ripped the textures? so i can have a go myself with goldeneye?

AlphaWolf

I prey, not pray.
I wonder how well a 2xSai upscale would work? May still be muddy, but hell, it would be ok in the meantime.

OP
E

emuguy

hmmmm, i cannot seem to get TR64 running. it says cannot load plugin, but there is no dir to put the plugins in:S i tried just placing them in the same dir as to where the TR64 .exe is but that doesnt work either.also, can i use jabos sound and the nrage controller plugin with this emu?

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
You don't have to use TR64... just use Pj64 with that plugin.
Also, you'll have to create a folder in the main pj64 dir called "Tiles".

OP
E

emuguy

can i select what size the textures are ripped at? and quality?

Harteex

Harteex das Brot
yea, without clicking ok, choose options and Configure Graphics Plugin... choose your Ucode and click ok. Then click ok in the messagebox.

Perfect Dark is using Ucode 5.