What's new

BIG problems and small one with Zelda OoT

Neo2x

Shadow Clan Member
My specs: PentiumIII 256Mb Windows98SE VideoCard:Sis630
Plugins: Jabo's1.5 video, Jabo'sSound

Problems:

1)As you see I have the minimum requirements; but Link clothes are white! Solutions?

2)The game runs at less than half the fps(20) Solutions?

3)Choppy sound(Might be due to the fps) Solutions?

4)When pressing strat at the begging of the game(to go to the load, open, delete screen) I go to the screen, I can hear the sounds; but I see nothing(black screen) Solutions?

Please help me! As you see I have plenty of problems and need help urgently.(don't know why this problems, I can play psx isos pretty well)

Last edited:

Doomulation

?????????????????????????
1) Your video card is the source. Use Glide64 & eVoodoo
2) This is a little due to your slow video card and a little due to your (almost) slow cpu.
3) This is due to the slow speed.
4) It's a known issue. Wait a while.

OP
Neo2x

Neo2x

Shadow Clan Member
Plugins don't load

Oh, yeah my PentiumIII is 750Mhz.

Well, I d/l those plugins you told me(evoodo and glide64) and unzipped them on my plugins directory; but when I open PJ64 and go to settings to change plugins I got a message telling me
"Failed to load plugin:
C:\.....\glide64.dll"

Then I go to change it; but glide64(glide) nor glide2X and glide3X(evoodo) are there, so I can't change plugins, pretty strange, ah. Do you know what's wrong with this?

Last edited:
OP
Neo2x

Neo2x

Shadow Clan Member
Thanks, it worked; I have two final problems:

1) This one is annoying, I don't know how or whta I did; but the mouse pointer is in the middle of the screen when emulation starts and doens't move.(found: was because of the Nrage Plugin) What can I do to make the mouse move? 'Cause I will be needing to use this plugin to move correctly, use the hookshot, arrows, etc.

2) What settings can I use to make the game goes as fast as possible?(both Jabo's and Glide64)(I rather use Jabo's as Glide64 is slower)

Clements

Reducing fullscreen resolution speeds emulation up on middle to low range cards. I recommend 640X480X32. Turn off any filtering if you enabled any (Jabos in particular)

OP
Neo2x

Neo2x

Shadow Clan Member
Anything else, it didn't really do much of a differnce compared to what I had; I got like 30fps and in the left-buttom corner r4300i:60%

Clements

Try 1964. Its a bit faster for slower cpu's. Transfer the plugins across and try it :)

OP
Neo2x

Neo2x

Shadow Clan Member
Thanks, I feel it a little faster:) ; but I see the fps is less????

Not much logic in it, really don't care.

Ryo Saeba

The Sinner Within Me ~
Hi, i've some problem with the Windowed Mode.

It says that "it can't be drawn in windowed mode"

Clements

Try a different version of the wrapper. eVoodoo 3.99 beta and newer should work in windowed mode, as well as Hacktarux's wrapper works fine in Windowed mode if your card supports OpenGL well.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
Use the glide wrapper that comes with Glide64 0.7 SP6. It's better and supports direct switching between windowed and fullscreen mode.

Ryo Saeba

The Sinner Within Me ~
Uhm I've noticed that the Font color is Black in the Action Button and I've some problem with the Start Menu (There's a lot of green tiles on the background and some fonts are black too)

Anyway, i'll try a different version as you said

Ryo Saeba

The Sinner Within Me ~
PsyMan said:
Use the glide wrapper that comes with Glide64 0.7 SP6. It's better and supports direct switching between windowed and fullscreen mode.

I've already used this but i can't swith to windowed mode too, and I see some Fonts and Menu error.

I've tried Hacktarux's wrapper as Clementes said, but doesn't run on my video card as the program noticed. :plain:

This is the result with Glide64 0.7 SP6, in the Menu window, as I said there's some fonts error(are black, i can't understand why) but all is ok, except for this.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
But it is Hacktarux's wrapper. Just install openGL drivers for your video card or use eVoodoo.

Ryo Saeba

The Sinner Within Me ~
I'm just using eVoodooo °_°"

Oh and, everytimes i call the Start Menu, the emu crash with an error in KERNEL32.DLL and i must reboot the computer... :unsure:

NB. Please Help :bye3:

Last edited:

Clements

These issues probably can't be solved without a video card update, although Glide64 gives the best experience.

As for the Kernel32 problem, that could be absolutely anything from an incorectly installed driver, Windows update or a virus. It's not normal for this to happen.